+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire post this morning

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Genius and recognition for what exactly ?
    Bloody hell - haven’t I explained it simply enough ?
    If yer don’t know then I won’t tell thi.
    But being kind hearted I’ll give thi a clue - players and team coaches at Barnsley don’t just rock up to the reception desk at Oakwell and ask for a job.

Firstly I go along with earlier comments about soccer am , I used to love it 20 years ago & would rarely miss it but these days I never bother , it might be down to me getting older & grumpier but I love anything that makes me smile & over the years the programme in my opinion has lost its original humour & no longer appeals to me , regarding the reds , when we were discussing the season ahead last july/ august I predicted a mid table 10th /12 th position would be the best I could hope for after the mess the previous season had left us in but like everyone else as the season has progressed then expectation levels change , I now expect us to make the play offs & we all know that the play offs are a 4 horse lottery & anyone of the 4 can win the prize but I stand by what I have said before that this season no matter what happens from now has been a huge success & should be the platform to kick on next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Bloody hell - haven’t I explained it simply enough ?
    If yer don’t know then I won’t tell thi.
    But being kind hearted I’ll give thi a clue - players and team coaches at Barnsley don’t just rock up to the reception desk at Oakwell and ask for a job.
    In 146 years we've had a selection of great players , good players , average players and poor players .

Likewise with managers and Coaches .

James Cryne has overseen that broad selection too .

Must be missing something here but that hardly propels anybody to genius status .

Competent at the very best .

In 146 years we've had a selection of great players , good players , average players and poor players .

Likewise with managers and Coaches .

James Cryne has overseen that broad selection too .

Must be missing something here but that hardly propels anybody to genius status .

Competent at the very best .
    Disagree.
    The identity of Barnsley on how they play - the players to play that style - the coaches to coach that style - all of that process was started by Patrick and James.
    And developed later by James.

Once these players and coaches have been identified then James has relied on (mostly) the CEOs to persuade them to come to the club.

Yes of course some of the players that have been signed have not worked out.
    But how many of those players have cost £££millions to buy or have been on huge wages ???
    So moving the players on that haven’t made the grade has cost the club relatively little.
    Compare that strategy to clubs that continue to go down the old fashioned route of bartering for experienced players and then paying them big wages eg Hourihane at Derby.

Stendel, Struber, Ismael and now Duff were all identified by James Cryne.
    All the success the club has had in recent years has been initiated by James Cryne.

I personally think the success is having a few Scottish players ….. looking back, have we got promoted recently without one or two…..?

Genius? That's stretching things somewhat. The Crynes did their best to come up with a financially viable solution because the club was losing money season upon season and Patrick was using his personal wealth to keep the club afloat until he decided enough as enough and a different course of action had to be taken.

They then launched the moneyball type system in 2014. Has it worked? Well we found ourselves relegated more times to league 1 than before moneyball was introduced. That says to me that it hasn't been successful in terms of maintaining a position in the championship which is where this club should belong. Hardly stuff of genius

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Genius? That's stretching things somewhat. The Crynes did their best to come up with a financially viable solution because the club was losing money season upon season and Patrick was using his personal wealth to keep the club afloat until he decided enough as enough and a different course of action had to be taken.

They then launched the moneyball type system in 2014. Has it worked? Well we found ourselves relegated more times to league 1 than before moneyball was introduced. That says to me that it hasn't been successful in terms of maintaining a position in the championship which is where this club should belong. Hardly stuff of genius
    What you are saying there is that relegation had nothing at all to do with Chien Lee and Paul Conway Chairing the board ???

Past CEOs have said that James has the keys to the spreadsheets.
    So if it’s not James that’s identifying all these brilliant coaches and good players that’s cost comparatively next to nowt - then who at the club is doing this ???

It’s like having a great meal at a restaurant - then saying it’s nowt to do with the chef.
    So if it’s not the chef then who is actually putting the ingredients together ???

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    What you are saying there is that relegation had nothing at all to do with Chien Lee and Paul Conway Chairing the board ???
    No he's putting everything on the table over a period of time which is the best way to judge .

What you tend to do is handpick the bits which suit your argument and ignore the many things that don't .

The length of time we are judging this concludes that James Cryne isn't a genius because he's not got anywhere near enough right to warrant that label but he's got enough right in that period of time to conclude he's not a fool either .

Conclusion is that the club hasn't progressed what so ever due to having James Cryne involved but neither has it completely gone down the drain either .

It's made money and it's lost money , it's had successful season's and it's had poor ones too .

He's found some fine players and he's found some poor ones along with the average ones too .

Nothing remarkable , nothing catastrophic is hardly genius .

No he's putting everything on the table over a period of time which is the best way to judge .

What you tend to do is handpick the bits which suit your argument and ignore the many things that don't .

The length of time we are judging this concludes that James Cryne isn't a genius because he's not got anywhere near enough right to warrant that label but he's got enough right in that period of time to conclude he's not a fool either .

Conclusion is that the club hasn't progressed what so ever due to having James Cryne involved but neither has it completely gone down the drain either .

It's made money and it's lost money , it's had successful season's and it's had poor ones too .

He's found some fine players and he's found some poor ones along with the average ones too .

Nothing remarkable , nothing catastrophic is hardly genius .
    Exactly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast