+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yorkshire post this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Past CEOs have said that James has the keys to the spreadsheets.
    So if it’s not James that’s identifying all these brilliant coaches and good players that’s cost comparatively next to nowt - then who at the club is doing this ???

It’s like having a great meal at a restaurant - then saying it’s nowt to do with the chef.
    So if it’s not the chef then who is actually putting the ingredients together ???
    All these CEO's were so impressed they all fuqed off to other clubs .

All these HC's were so utterly brilliant there isn't one of them gone on to better things including Val .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    All these CEO's were so impressed they all fuqed off to other clubs .

All these HC's were so utterly brilliant there isn't one of them gone on to better things including Val .
    I can’t see the point on dissing our previous coaches.
    Keeping in mind Barnsley's buying power - compared to other local clubs we have had an outstanding number of fabulous head coaches.

Stendel - was lined up for big money at Hudders.
    Struber - went to NY Red Bulls for a big money wage.
    Ismael - went to West Brom for a big money wage.
    Duff - if he keeps this up - will go to a club for a big money wage.

I can’t see the point on dissing our previous coaches.
    Keeping in mind Barnsley's buying power - compared to other local clubs we have had an outstanding number of fabulous head coaches.

Stendel - was lined up for big money at Hudders.
    Struber - went to NY Red Bulls for a big money wage.
    Ismael - went to West Brom for a big money wage.
    Duff - if he keeps this up - will go to a club for a big money wage.
    What about the two numpties from last season , you seem to have conveniently given them a wide birth

There seems to be a tendency here of blaming James with poor decisions made by Chien Lee.
    The process of changing the identity of the club had only been running for a couple (3?) of years up to Chien Lee involvement.

The involvement of Chien Lee has since muddied the water causing poor decisions to be made.

Before the 20/21 Championship playoffs - Chien Lee himself said on television ‘win or lose the club will be stronger next season’.
    He thought he could do that without the involvement of James.
    He soon found out that he couldn’t.
    Instead of the club getting stronger it dropped like a stone to the bottom of the Championship.

TV football pundits keep scratching their heads trying to understand what is happening at Barnsley.
    They are doing it now - and they did it when Stendel, Struber and Ismael were head coaches.
    These pundits are not realising that the power within the club lies with James.

The combined force of Neerav, JAQ and James is a formidable one.

There seems to be a tendency here of blaming James with poor decisions made by Chien Lee.
    The process of changing the identity of the club had only been running for a couple (3?) of years up to Chien Lee involvement.

The involvement of Chien Lee has since muddied the water causing poor decisions to be made.

Before the 20/21 Championship playoffs - Chien Lee himself said on television ‘win or lose the club will be stronger next season’.
    He thought he could do that without the involvement of James.
    He soon found out that he couldn’t.
    Instead of the club getting stronger it dropped like a stone to the bottom of the Championship.

TV football pundits keep scratching their heads trying to understand what is happening at Barnsley.
    They are doing it now - and they did it when Stendel, Struber and Ismael were head coaches.
    These pundits are not realising that the power within the club lies with James.

The combined force of Neerav, JAQ and James is a formidable one.
    You do realise that James Cryne found players that relegated this club in 2018 don't you ?

You presumably also realise he recruited another group of players who only stayed up because Wigan were docked points ?

Amongst those two groups of players were ones who didn't make it here , there's quite a few and I can list them if you want to .

Amongst that same two groups were ones who did well here .

It's a mixed bag and it will be a mixed bag with his current offerings too because some of these won't make it either if you judge it properly and not in a timespan that suits your argument .

E I E I E I O up the football league we go, when we win promotion, this is what we'll sing, we are Barnsley, we are Barnsley James Cryne is our king!!

Sunday night Stockholm syndrome again! Tonight it’s James, last time it was Khaled….. next week it will be the groundsman, or Vicki……

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Sunday night Stockholm syndrome again! Tonight it’s James, last time it was Khaled….. next week it will be the groundsman, or Vicki……
    It would be incredibly harsh not to acknowledge that the club have turned this around from last season's debacle .

The whole feeling around the club is 100% better than it was this time last season .

But to start branding terms like genius and a formidable trio is perhaps to take the massive improvement way too far .

Let's not kid ourselves this is a league lower and it's a poor level at that , 70% of this league are absolute shyte .

Even if we were to finish in the top two this team if not massively improved upon would be instantly relegated back to league one .

Norwood and Cole as much as we've grown to love them of late wouldn't cut it in the championship .

Cadden whilst I admire his offensive threat would have his ass handed to him every week defensively in the championship .

Kitchen is at a level where he looks pretty good and keeps it together whilst we are winning but would possibly be a huge liability when things aren't quite so easy a level higher .

Kane , Connell would probably be ok along with Andersen and maybe Bobby Thomas , Phillips is an asset whilst he scoring but when he isn't he can be anonymous and he won't get the same goals in the championship .

This is the reality as far as I can see it and viewed from watching the last three successful teams promoted to the championship .

As much as we admire what Duff has done this season he wouldn't keep this team in the championship .

I can almost guarantee it .

There’s a big issue here… trust. A view that a few on here will understand. .
    If we ACTUALLY went up….Would you trust them to spend to progress this time,? Or are we wishing for something that we didn’t enjoy/can’t compete with last time…… I’d rather stay in League one.

So far, the custodians have spoken well about re connecting, but haven’t laid out the long term plans for the club.
    Not spoke about long term intentions.
    It’s all well sitting in the Ponte ( probably mainly to identify the racist, homophobic, ***ist supporters before the coppers or EFL do).. but some of us are a bit more streetwise

I’m so pleased that the team is doing well, (beyond all our expectations, We all agree). An English manager, a good one. Delivering results with ingredients he hasn’t chosen himself.
    Who still lives outside the area, like the owners……
    Cardiff, Bristol City, Swansea, or Birmingham clubs come calling…. He will be gone.
    Why wouldn’t he. ?
    As Struber and Ismael thought…. You don’t get to light a firework twice…..

When the Consortium came in, Parekh and JAQ's husband included, their first significant decisions were to appoint Morais as Head Coach and bring in Billy Bean (who then owned 10% of the shares) with his Super Moneyball Spreadsheet software thus side lining james Cryne. Conway had pitched the idea of making profits from European clubs which he saw as being undervalued and too good to be true in terms of potential profit and promised the New York hedge fund managers that player trading and the roster would be overseen by USA "genius" Billy Beane.
    The Consortium, including Parekh and JAQ's husband, saw Conway, the representative of the hedge fund managers, as the man to take the leading role for them and they were effectively sleeping partners in this venture.

I am not sure what the influence of James Cryne was at this time Nudge as you are claiming he was identifying Head Coaches and players for recruitment right from the start of the Consortium ( including Parekh and JAQ's husband) takeover. I venture to suggest James Cryne has only recently become a more influential figure following the New York hedge fund managers finally waking up to the fact that Conway was a dud ruining their investment.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-03-2023 at 07:00 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123