+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Scυnthorpe Utd. 25.03.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The early goals helped, but I thought the atmosphere could have been a bit better given the attendance. From half time until our third goal the Scunny fans were making more noise than we were, and full respect to them because they had absolutely nothing to get them excited. I'll hold my hands up here, I'm not the type to start a chant but I'll join in if a few around me are doing the same.

All in all, the day has to be classed as a massive success. Loads of potential new fans, an utterly dominant display from the team, so everyone should go home happy. I really hope a few are tempted to come back for more.
    I’ve thought the same about “atmosphere” and bigger crowds before.
    16k yesterday and about 2k from Scunny. So 14k nominal home support where we normally get 7k. Of those extra 7k some will be occasional supporters who have taken advantage of the deal. Of the rest some will be there out of curiosity, some because their mates have persuaded h them to go, a few will be Forest fans who want a football fix.
    So for the most part the extra 7k will not be jumping up and down clapping and singing LW b&w army. Apart from some applause and a cheer when we score they will not be adding tremendously to the atmosphere. Which is why it can feel relatively flat for the size of crowd.
    They need to be gently enticed back again and again and inculcated into the passion, magic and mystery that is Notts County

The referee was the best we have had all season. Apparently it was only his 5th National league match.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The referee was the best we have had all season. Apparently it was only his 5th National league match.
    Both my mate and myself said the same, no posturing and no being conned, a refreshing change.

[QUOTE=durhampie;40247573]The referee was the best we have had all season. Apparently it was only his 5th National league match.[/QUOTE

He was very good.

He missed bits, but that was more down to sly S****horpe tactics off the ball…. Namely Rubens shirt being pulled on several occasions.
    Other than that he did very well and rightly booked players for unbelievable dissent. Tho he could have sent off the Scunny skipper for an obvious 2nd booking before he was subbed. The game IMO didn’t need that as Notts were cruising.

I think the bits the ref missed were more the assistants not being helpful. Noticed after a couple he changed position and then things changed

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Both my mate and myself said the same, no posturing and no being conned, a refreshing change.
    I liked the no-nonsense ref at home to Barnet too, but when we do get a good one it's worthy of remark!

Yes I thought the same, quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzy11 View Post
    Mate stop licking there arse... we won't slip up .. have faith... yeah we both deserve to go up...end of...only team I support is my own and wen the job is done its done...what happens in the play offs happens... I bet they did nt support us last season... and yes we all want the same for our clubs... all the best I say and catch us if you can ...all the best boys
    Chill out mate, you can support your own team and say well done to another. I'm sure most Notts fans wish you well and hope you go up one way or the other. The fact we've had to be relentless and broke club records is a testament to how good you've been. Good luck to you, both teams deserve to go up and hopefully they will do.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast