+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bums twitching at Pride Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There’s still a decent chance that it could be Derby v Sheffield Wednesday in the league 1 play off final

Wouldn’t that be fun
    It would, but ......................

Who would you want to win ?

Better they meet in the first legs with the winner getting stuffed at Wembley
    Last edited by BramleyMiller58; 25-03-2023 at 10:56 PM.

Personally I cant see Wednesday imploding with the quality and experience they have in their squad. UTM

Massive similarities to ourselves last season. Our implosion last year was spectacular and easily forgotten because we limped over the line in the last game but we had better players last season than Derby do now and that's what the Derby fans don't get. They think that Warne got us up on a shoestring for League 1 but that is certainly not true. I haven't done the stats but I'm not sure Derby have beaten anyone in the top 8 this season.....maybe Bolton I think. I'm not sure that Derby will make the play-offs but if they did you would have to say that one of Plymouth,Wednesday,Barnsley and Ipswich will ultimately be too good for them.

* stat edit Derby have won just 2 games against the top 14 teams in League 1 under Warne.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 26-03-2023 at 08:06 AM.

Derby usually implode before Easter.
    Did it for years when they were in the cship
    Bit harsh to blame our ex Manager when it’s really down to the chocolate eggs being on the shelves

Though Derby performances similar to what we saw at times. Good first half’s, not taking chances. … other side realise what’s going wrong and make changes, warney keeps it the same…why not were doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Though Derby performances similar to what we saw at times. Good first half’s, not taking chances. … other side realise what’s going wrong and make changes, warney keeps it the same…why not were doing ok.
    I'm a massive PW fan millersus and hope he does well at Derby, but I agree with what you have said. I think there are big similarities in how PW and MT set us up from the off in most games, and even though we didnt get to see how the changes MT made, just before and during half time against Cardiff, there is no way PW would have changed any player, unless injured, before the 60 mins mark. UTM

Warne thought our dickhead fans were bad, wait till there dickhead fans turn on him

Thought they should’ve had a penalty though (saw highlights)

Made my season I thought we were stuck with him till * knows. MT get it sorted starting with the defence then you'll be up there with Ronnie Evans Warnock Emlyn who've kept us in the 2nd division or the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It seems to me if you have a blueprint and follow it then every item built from that blueprint turns out the same

In PW’s world we know what that blueprint is. Start strong, press hard, pick up points, get injuries, fade in the second half, no plan B then start looking over your shoulder as to who might catch up.

Sometimes nobody catches up and the fans think you’re the best thing since sliced bread
    Or get 3 promotions in 3 seasons in league 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Personally I cant see Wednesday imploding with the quality and experience they have in their squad. UTM
    Ronners, Looking how they played today, I can. They were dire and not the Weds I've seen in other games. Let's not forget they've recently had a great run of 23 unbeaten until they met their nemesis last week. Wasn't so long ago we had a previous similar great run and looked like imploding as the Dons closed in on us. It happens in football sometimes where, crucial players are missing, you lose a couple and suddenly a team starts to lose their confidence and go on a blip, we've been there!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast