+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O’Brien

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Take a bow man, that was a great performance. We had such a good balance in midfield today, reminded me of earlier in the season when JOB was in such good form. CLE and Jones missing forced the hand and O’Brien delivered a master class alongside Palmer and Bostock….no coincidence that that was Bostocks best performance so far too imo ��
    I wholeheartedly agree. Without a doubt a MOM performance from JOB for me today. Absolute outstanding performance from our longest serving and oldest player. His energy, intensity, hunger and desire is second to none. His involvement in the game was in many areas of the park and was a joy to see. I've always liked JOB he epitomises hard work and professionalism on the pitch and has done it in the whole four years he's been at the club. A great role model for the younger squad members.

I really do hope we do go up this season because JOB was one who came in to try and save us from relegation from L2 and has stuck with the club all the way through. It would be fitting if he is to move into coaching after this season for us to get promotion back to the football league as a reward for his hard work and loyalty to the club over the past four years.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The usual know-alls, and part time fitness analysts.. They will be saying next he cant play 2 games a week..
    They also may say that Aaron Nemane is no more than a bench warmer who is no more than a 10-minute wonder

Absolute classic

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    They also may say that Aaron Nemane is no more than a bench warmer who is no more than a 10-minute wonder

Absolute classic
    The guy has proved me wrong. A massive improvement to his earlier days..

Absolute classic
    Yaaaaaaaaaawn. Yet another tedious bit of nit picking.

So clear it up laddo. Were you the poster sending repeated PMs to Swale or not?

No running, no hiding, no evasion. Just a simple yes or no.

Well done durham. You got it wrong like we all do, but you admitted your error like most of us do.

Most of us, but not all.

Fair play Durham.

I think it's been said on here before that JOB also coaches at Barnsley (which is near his home) and may be joining them full-time when he hangs up his boots here.

Absolute classic
    At the beginning of the season he wouldn't take his fullback, and was forever passing the ball back. LW seems to have given him the confidence to take his man on which he is now doing with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I remember saying something like "I don't want to see both Bostock and Palmer in the starting eleven in a home game again".

Humble pie time. By slightly adapting things, Luke Williams has made them work together and today was a good example.
    I was quite impressed with JBs physicality today as it was missing in earlier games. I guess there’s still an argument whether we should sign players mid season not match fit and has it cost us points but on the bright side he now looks a great experienced asset going into the run in.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaawn. Yet another tedious bit of nit picking.

So clear it up laddo. Were you the poster sending repeated PMs to Swale or not?

No running, no hiding, no evasion. Just a simple yes or no.
    Durham started that nit picking by having a snide at people who said JOB couldn’t play two games in a week(personally I think he would struggle,I’ve had veteran midfield players play for me play really well Saturday but then Tuesday had to take them off at half time as their legs won’t go as they don’t recover quick enough)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast