+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jim O’Brien

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Thought JOB was the second best player on the park today after Ruben.
    This, Reuben is pure class.

Plenty of top perfomances yesterday but agree, for me it was between JOB and Ruben, and I've been openly and unashamedly biased towards the latter for a long time now. Another unplayable game and assist from the Portuguese player.

It’s funny how so many questioned JOB getting a 2 year contract extension, I was probably one who certainly questioned it being 2 not 1. The club seems to be getting so much right now in their decision making.

Simply has to start as many games as possible until the end of the season. He know how Luke wants to play and can control the game, perfect.

Bang on Matt. Those resistant to a 2 year contract had valid reason imho at the time but have subsequently been proven wrong if this season is the barometer, which it should be.

Appears the staff/recruitment team know what they are doing and getting far more hits than misses in their decision making. Which should come as no surprise to most.

The line is long of people who either wanted him to be released at the time or given a one year contract only. Not sure we will hear from many of them now, but they know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    That’s because at 30 plus something years old, most veteran village football players recover by going to the pub.
    Silly boy let’s not turn this into an Elite/Laddo - easy to take cheap shots if you don’t believe me speak to a fitness coach
    JOB was excellent yesterday and probably MOTM over 90 minutes if it was over 45 minutes would have been Ruben who is a class above this level and he is our most creative player who is best equipped to unlock tight defences.

Thinking ahead I'm certain that same scenario with different players will be firmly in the recruitment/management teams mind, do we offer a 1 or 2 year deal? I suspect what division we are in will play a large part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Anyone else thinking someone has two profiles, and is switching between the two?
    If you are thinking me and Laddo(as I’m sure you are as I’m probably the first person to side with him on here)
    TBH I agree with a lot of his comments about the way he sees Notts football but I intensely dislike his pettiness and constant point scoring with other posters/but other posters are as bad.
    I am quite forthright and opinionated as a lot of posters on here but I’m not interested in personal spats.
    I’m DEFINITELY not Laddo but am a passionate Notts fan who is excited at the season we are having and the football we are playing - we all want the same thing Notts to do well just have different views how we get there which makes it interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Silly boy let’s not turn this into an Elite/Laddo - easy to take cheap shots if you don’t believe me speak to a fitness coach
    JOB was excellent yesterday and probably MOTM over 90 minutes if it was over 45 minutes would have been Ruben who is a class above this level and he is our most creative player who is best equipped to unlock tight defences.
    And there is the whoosh moment…..

So happy to see JOB finally getting the credit he deserves. he does so much that goes unnoticed and whilst not everything he tries comes off his energy and desire more than make up for it. Also noticed he had a plan for creating space for Nemane's throw-in's as well, pretending to bundle into Ruben's marker to create the extra yard for the latter to receive the throw.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast