+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leyton O match day

Leyton O match day

I am lying in my pit abiut 10 minutes walk from Brisbane Road. Down to brothers place in Clapham after the game until monday, with lunch tomorrow at the Pigs Head...... whose main menu item is a pigs..... I won;t be tempted. As for the match as ever I hope for the best an expect the worst,

Looking at their message board the comments are equally divided betwen a win and a lose. Capacity of ground is 9,271 so it should be pretty close to that.

Team. I would like Barclay at left back. Feeney Hunts and Mellish alongside Armer. Middle Guy, Moc and Mc. Up front Patrick and Edmondson

No to Patrick, give Joe and Edmo a shot up top and watch the wrestling start.

In the back 5 there should be Barclay, Lloyds, and HSBC.
    In midfield I would have Royal Bank Of Scotland, Standard Chartered and Schroders.
    Up front I would have some Spanish flair such as Banco Santander and CaixaBank
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 01-04-2023 at 10:31 AM.

Nah no future in banks...
    Very weak and uncertain situation.

Sat in car 200 yards from the ground. Saw team bus arriving at 11.15

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    Sat in car 200 yards from the ground. Saw team bus arriving at 11.15
    Were the team in it?

That seems like a very early arrival.

They'll be knackered by kick off time.

Overall I thought we played well, but without a cutting edge.

Patrick seems to have lost something. Confidence? Hìs first touch is increasingly poor and he seems flat-footed at times. His main attribute was always pace, but we never seem to get him on the last man to exploit it. Is that his fault or the players trying to find him?

Bearing in mind he hasn't really delivered since his return from injury I was surprised he was selected again today.

Before he picked up the injury I thought Fin Back was a big improvement on what we had seen at right back in recent matches.

Sad that it only lasted for 30 minutes or so. Hopefully Jack Ellis fit enough for next week.

I thought the defence played well and we were a bit unlucky with the goal...but we all suspected it was coming.

Thought McCalmont was excellent, but tired as the second half progressed.

So the key decision has to be who to play up-front next week.

I'd go for JK (or Edmondson) and Dennis, but Simmo knows best!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)