+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Exeter City v Barnsley

I think we will win, but I think it will be a close one.
    The lads have a different mentality now from the start of the season, Duff and his team have worked hard on fostering the win together, lose together mindset, coupled with how high their confidence will be given what they have achieved can only stand us in good stead.
    I’m just hoping they don’t do what the pigs did at Forest Green and think they just have to turn up to win.
    I think our press puts fear into defences and although Exeter are good up front, they do have a shaky defence, our lads at the back need to be fully switched on tonight, if they are I have no doubt we will pop one or two in at the other end!

I just keep thinking we can't possibly keep winning and then we go and win another and another and then another .

It's heading towards unprecedented in the entire clubs history but none the less there's no reason why we can't win tonight either .

We've had a week off , if there's one manager who will undoubtedly keep the players feet on the ground and focused it's Duff and the league table tells us we've better players than Exeter City .

I'll make a bold statement , if we win tonight and Saturday I think we'll do it without the need of the play offs .

Quote: I'll make a bold statement , if we win tonight and Saturday I think we'll do it without the need of the play offs .

Fingers crossed !!

Name:  AC57E7C3-7FDD-4131-909C-17CE3F35F8F2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  17.4 KB

REDS: Isted (GK), Williams, B.Thomas, Andersen (c), Kitching, Cadden, Phillips, Connell, Kane, Norwood, Cole.

Subs: Collins (GK), J.Benson, L.Thomas, Cundy, Larkeche, Tedic, Watters.

GRECIANS: Blackman (GK), Hartridge, Mitchell, Collins, Stansfield, Key, Aimson (c), Kite, Scott, Sweeney, McDonald.

Subs: Lee (GK), Sparkes, Harper, Nombe, White, Coley, Grounds.

UNCHANGED !

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I just keep thinking we can't possibly keep winning and then we go and win another and another and then another .

It's heading towards unprecedented in the entire clubs history but none the less there's no reason why we can't win tonight either .

We've had a week off , if there's one manager who will undoubtedly keep the players feet on the ground and focused it's Duff and the league table tells us we've better players than Exeter City .

I'll make a bold statement , if we win tonight and Saturday I think we'll do it without the need of the play offs .

There's a combination of things that have turned in our favour this season and it is all dropping into place

1 since the club complained about the poor refereeing after laiking Portsmouth away, we seem to have had better officials and no silly decisions against us as opposed to earlier in the season when major decisions were going against us.

2 our injury list is minimal at present as opposed to earlier in the season when key players were out for weeks

3 the ball is dropping for us more in both penalty areas as opposed to not doing so earlier in the season

4 we are sticking the ball in the net as opposed to earlier in the season. We've scored 30 goals in the last 12 games.

5 Duff has had the necessary time to feed into his players exactly what he wants from them and they all know their jobs now as opposed to earlier in the season when performance levels were inconsistent as we adapted to Duff.

Whether we manage to get in the top 2 (and I think that we will) or not, I think we will be promoted this season by whichever means.
    There's lots of points still to play for. Teams will drop points in the run in including us. It's a question of who can hold their nerve and as you alluded to, Duff is the man for that.

Always had these games in hand , tonight’s one of them, let’s cash in!
    If we’re on for auto promotion, tonight is a must 3 points
    Their 5-0 home win at the weekend will do them no harm whatsoever
    I predict a very tight win for us tonight or a battling draw

Why do they call rhem the Grecians? Is it because they only have 2000 fans ?

Not as easy tonight. Not winning the ball enough and they are doing ok at chasing us down. I think I’d have Thomas on for Phillips who’s not been in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Not as easy tonight. Not winning the ball enough and they are doing ok at chasing us down. I think I’d have Thomas on for Phillips who’s not been in the game.
    Agree with that. Not enough support for our front 2 and we need Phillips picking up knock darns and supporting the front 2 better than he has. Think Thomas will come on early in second half if Phillips doesn't pull his finger art as his match fitness will have built up over this last month and he will offer more threat in the hole

A bit scratchy but the bar is high these days , relieved to get back level after conceding a poor goal in my opinion .

As doggy says get Luke Thomas on , Phillips just isn't giving us anything .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast