+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Exeter City v Barnsley

This really doesn't bother me that much, as I couldn't see us staying unbeaten in every game. And away at Exeter was always going to be a difficult game as well, where I'd have taken a point.
    The top two was never really on for us, although we made a good go of it and had the top teams worried for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Nudge, "If the coaching staff remain..."------Duff will be gone if we go up and struggle early on, which will happen unless there is strengthening of the squad with Championship quality players. Remember Stendel.

Duff will be gone if we don't go up as bigger clubs will have noted his ability and already pencilled him in. Remember Ismael.

#Promotion SB
    Why all the doom and gloom ???

It would be great to have Duff here next season.
    He’s proven he is a good HC plus of course it maintains continuity.
    He knows the staff and the current players and crucially he understands the Barnsley style of play.
    Hence he should hit the ground running at the start of next season.
    But if he does go there will be other HCs already being considered to take his place.
    That HC will be recruited with the view to more or less drop straight into where Duff left off.
    This is the Barnsley way.

This is the way.

Trust the recruitment system that is in place now.

My opinion of last night was that Exeter deserved the points as they did at Oakwell , in fact I would go as far as to say that over the two matches they are the best team we have played this season , the league table does not agree with me but I am going on what I have seen & I have watched every match this season . I disagree with Nudge about us being slow , I actually thought the game was played at a pretty good tempo all match but we had several players who had off nights & as a team our performance was disjointed & we got what we deserved but we didn"t lose because our attitude or approach was wrong I just thought that Exeter were simply better on the night although I do think that if Tedic had netted a second equaliser when he should have done then we might have sneaked a result but he didn"t & the rest is history . I also disagree with SB over Duff , I think if we are in this division next season then Duff will be in charge , the only way will part company is if the owners sell him liked they did with Struber & Val but hopefully the recent good will building between the club & the fans continues & the current regime realise how popular Duff is with the fans thus hanging on to him for the immediate future , we will see .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    My opinion of last night was that Exeter deserved the points as they did at Oakwell , in fact I would go as far as to say that over the two matches they are the best team we have played this season , the league table does not agree with me but I am going on what I have seen & I have watched every match this season . I disagree with Nudge about us being slow , I actually thought the game was played at a pretty good tempo all match but we had several players who had off nights & as a team our performance was disjointed & we got what we deserved but we didn"t lose because our attitude or approach was wrong I just thought that Exeter were simply better on the night although I do think that if Tedic had netted a second equaliser when he should have done then we might have sneaked a result but he didn"t & the rest is history . I also disagree with SB over Duff , I think if we are in this division next season then Duff will be in charge , the only way will part company is if the owners sell him liked they did with Struber & Val but hopefully the recent good will building between the club & the fans continues & the current regime realise how popular Duff is with the fans thus hanging on to him for the immediate future , we will see .
    I'd like to think that too Shadrack about continuity with Duff. However, we must also consider the clubs financial position if we fail to gain promotion. If an offer comes in for our head coach, the club aren't in a strong position to say no and the supporters will be fed the usual story. Ennyrooard, that's all hypothetical. I just want to enjoy the rest of this great season that we're having

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This really doesn't bother me that much, as I couldn't see us staying unbeaten in every game. And away at Exeter was always going to be a difficult game as well, where I'd have taken a point.
    The top two was never really on for us, although we made a good go of it and had the top teams worried for some time.
    I knew last night would be tricky and it proved so. Exeter, from my pre 1980 memories have always been a bogey team. We didn't deserve anything from last night but maybe it was a good time to lose. Let's start another run; it hasn't changed my mind about automatic promotion yet.

I think the pace of last night's game was frenetic. Exeter have played very well against us but they're an inconsistent team. Pity we couldn't play the original fixture when they were on a bad run, but such is life.

Too many players not at it last night , it was as simple as that .

Duff alluded to it in his post match interview and every now and again you won't get away with it against solid opposition .

The way to deal with it is to bounce straight back on Saturday against Morecambe and dare I say the following two games at Burton on Good Friday and home to Shrewsbury on Bank Holiday Monday .

Let's see where we are if we can collect 9 points from those three games .

That will leave 6 league games still left to play .

Got to keep going and put ourselves in position should Wendy , Plymouth and Ipswich implode .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Why all the doom and gloom ???

It would be great to have Duff here next season.
    He’s proven he is a good HC plus of course it maintains continuity.
    He knows the staff and the current players and crucially he understands the Barnsley style of play.
    Hence he should hit the ground running at the start of next season.
    But if he does go there will be other HCs already being considered to take his place.
    That HC will be recruited with the view to more or less drop straight into where Duff left off.
    This is the Barnsley way.

This is the way.

Trust the recruitment system that is in place now.
    Schopp and Asbaghi were products of the system.

I also disagree with SB over Duff , I think if we are in this division next season then Duff will be in charge , the only way will part company is if the owners sell him liked they did with Struber & Val but hopefully the recent good will building between the club & the fans continues & the current regime realise how popular Duff is with the fans thus hanging on to him for the immediate future , we will see .
    The history of Barnsley FC suggests otherwise.

I think it could well have been the case of Struber and Ismael taking the iniative. Struber was lured by a return to the Red Bull family in New York and Ismael was lured by "the big time" at WBA, taking the captain and coaching staff with him. The club were happy to hoover up the compensation.

I would suggest Duff would accept the call of a bigger club, more wages, better squad, especially if it was nearer Cheltenham. The financial outlook at Barnsley is not promising, despite Ahmad's opportunist marketing of "reconnecting" with fans whilst the team is winning on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I knew last night would be tricky and it proved so. Exeter, from my pre 1980 memories have always been a bogey team. We didn't deserve anything from last night but maybe it was a good time to lose. Let's start another run; it hasn't changed my mind about automatic promotion yet.
    Exactly Arbo kid, I agree lol.
    I hope there's another good run in us, and the next handful of games look more 'easy' than the games we've recently won. Maybe!. 😏

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345