+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One doesnt do that.

One doesnt do that.

I am proud to have lived in Brian Cloughs time, and remeber him in the flesh. In his film, he and Taylor were discussing taking over Brighton, and Clough said that they are northerners, and Brighton is nearly in fcking France.

An in depth analysis says that is right, but Gillingham is closer. For Carlisle fans to travel there must have felt like driving to Peru. Not only that, on the final whistle thinking about that drive back.

The final whistle is interesting, if your fans were not depressed, it was because they thought that having travelled that far, a point made it worthwhile.

And only seconds before feeling some sense of accomplishment, a frog, he might as well have been, a Gillingham player, drills the ball into the Carlisle net, high into the net, powered like.

He and the ground went ga ga. The hearts of the Carlisle fans sank like the Titanic, oh thats not right, the Titanic went down slowly, yours sank instantly.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa.

I must regain my composure. I wonder what the petrol bill was for driving to Gillingham, and back, close to £ 500 i reckon.

Sorry, i must address your feelings of failure, hard luck old beans. Theres always another game, there will be one in Carlisle.

Oh, the title refers to not taking pleasure at anothers misfortune, i dont do that. No sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Oh, the title refers to not taking pleasure at anothers misfortune, i dont do that. No sir.
    You cocked up your Predictocomp entry again yesterday Frank.

Maybe spend more time getting that right each week and we wouldn't have to laugh at your "misfortune" so much.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)