+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corboren Says Players Will Fight like Animals

Corboren Says Players Will Fight like Animals

Well I hope they fight harder than they did to a shockingly poor Cardiff side!!!

Carlos done great but a stupid stupid change by taking off a forward in Dike and bringing on a donkey like Reach!!!

We need Palmer back immediately too as whilst Griffiths has done OK - I am sure Palmer would have saved at least three goals costing us points.
    Last edited by baggieal; 26-03-2023 at 05:36 PM.

Carlos has done wonders with a majority of a squad who in recent seasons were seriel failures.
    When it comes to the crunch the bottle jobs will come to the fore
    Big clear out needed for Carlos to build his own team hopefully that won’t include the likes of Livermore and the arm waving Bartley

When he first got here Corberan was quick to emphasise the need to compete and battle for every ball and he got them to do it too which drove the turn around in our season. Sadly, a lot of our more recent games have shown that for too many, this attitude isn't sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Carlos has done wonders with a majority of a squad who in recent seasons were seriel failures.
    When it comes to the crunch the bottle jobs will come to the fore
    Big clear out needed for Carlos to build his own team hopefully that won’t include the likes of Livermore and the arm waving Bartley
    I actually think we have missed Bartley at both ends of the pitch, don't think the Cardiff player would have had a free header in the last game, although he isn't the long term answer i would definitely use him if he's fit for the rest of the season because i think Pieters has been struggling with injury.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    I actually think we have missed Bartley at both ends of the pitch, don't think the Cardiff player would have had a free header in the last game, although he isn't the long term answer i would definitely use him if he's fit for the rest of the season because i think Pieters has been struggling with injury.

Totally agree with that! Bartley has been excellent under Corboren and does add that strength and power. Townsend for me especially is more often than not a liability! Really need Palmer back too as although Griffiths is better than Button - soft goals have gone in!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree with that! Bartley has been excellent under Corboren and does add that strength and power. Townsend for me especially is more often than not a liability! Really need Palmer back too as although Griffiths is better than Button - soft goals have gone in!
    I agree without goalkeeping mistakes we would easily be in the top 6, Townsend and Furlong are decent enough defenders but don't offer enough going forward and only seem to be able to pass backwards, but with all the other positions that need fixing i'm not sure we will have enough money to replace them.

Dike might have been carrying an injury being as he was later seen with his leg strapped up. Sadly I think we have signed another sick note.
    The most baffling substitutions I have ever seen in my time watching football is in the cup tie against Brighton. Big Dave took off the CF at 0-0 and replaced him with a centre half, then he substitutes that substitute for another centre half. He used his final substitute at the start of extra time, we get an injury, go down to ten men and lose the game. Yet people think he's a bright up and coming manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Dike might have been carrying an injury being as he was later seen with his leg strapped up. Sadly I think we have signed another sick note.
    The most baffling substitutions I have ever seen in my time watching football is in the cup tie against Brighton. Big Dave took off the CF at 0-0 and replaced him with a centre half, then he substitutes that substitute for another centre half. He used his final substitute at the start of extra time, we get an injury, go down to ten men and lose the game. Yet people think he's a bright up and coming manager.
    Fun facts. David Button was in goal for Brighton for that tie. We had seven attempts on target and only scored once meaning he made six whole saves. On one night.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post

He’s bright and cheerful but sadly not bright in the educational sense!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)