+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eng v Ukraine

Eng v Ukraine

Another subdued performance which like the Italian match deteriorated after half time when you would have thought we'd have been better. Everything was fed to Saka, we were so one dimensionable, but luckily he delivered, but otherwise another underachievemnt which was epitomised by Maguire's performance, lacklustre in defence but missing 2 headers, one on a plate, which are normally his only saving grace. On a plus note I'm sure the Ukrainians were confused by Henderson and Maddison as they tried to work out which one had the beard.

I thought it was a reasonable performance, against a competent team with no ambition whatsoever, a hard combination to play against. I suppose Maddison will go to back of the queue again now, although Gareth can start him every game for me, offers more than either Grealish or Foden imo.

We all know Gareth’s talents are wasted in the England job. He will get them to qualify easily for the Euro 2024 Finals. His stock after the Italian heist in Naples and sweeping aside the Ukraine has never been higher. Someone swoop now and pluck him from international obscurity. Please.

I rarely watch England matches. I did watch the last 30 minutes of this one. What a bore! I guess the game was won by that stage. The only stand out moments were Maguire missing two good chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I rarely watch England matches. I did watch the last 30 minutes of this one. What a bore! I guess the game was won by that stage. The only stand out moments were Maguire missing two good chances.
    Bellingham is one hell of a player though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bellingham is one hell of a player though.
    I think Bellingham might have saved Gareth's career, that and the demise of Sterling, Gareth's favourite who is no longer a drag anchor on the performance of the team, and the progress of Saka. None of which has anything to do with Gareth, we continue to win games despite him, not because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think Bellingham might have saved Gareth's career, that and the demise of Sterling, Gareth's favourite who is no longer a drag anchor on the performance of the team, and the progress of Saka. None of which has anything to do with Gareth, we continue to win games despite him, not because of him.
    The pair of them are terrific sinkov, they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Chilwell rates Saka too!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...f29b22a3&ei=50

I agree with all the comments. With the players available England should be up there with the best. The fact that they struggle to fulfill the potential is down to Southgate and his tactics.

Good teams kick on from 2-0 at half time. They go for jugular as we all saw against City in the cup.

Southgate seems more scared of the opposition scoring than England going on to win 4-0

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)