+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oxlade-Chambrelain

Oxlade-Chambrelain

NOPE!

29 yrs old, absolutely done nothing in his career. Certainly not in the last 5 yrs.

Doesn't fit the player profile we are looking at.

Just another tragic agent/lazy journalist combination touting a crappy player to stir the NUFC fans up!

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk//03...verpool-talks/

DEFINITELY not for me.

Same as McTominay. I've seen loads of fans saying wind your necks in, he'd improve the squad, etc but, imo, they're not good enough for the squad we're trying to build. Why should we be going for players who Man U and Liverpool want rid of??

Oxlade-Chamberlain is another in the Walcott mode-really good at one point but nowhere near that level now and with his career on a steep downward trajectory.

We need to focus on upcoming players with growing reputations for our squad players and established stars or players on the verge of becoming one (think Bruno and Botman) for the first team.

For me, Liverpool and Man U cast-offs don't fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    DEFINITELY not for me.

Same as McTominay. I've seen loads of fans saying wind your necks in, he'd improve the squad, etc but, imo, they're not good enough for the squad we're trying to build. Why should we be going for players who Man U and Liverpool want rid of??

Oxlade-Chamberlain is another in the Walcott mode-really good at one point but nowhere near that level now and with his career on a steep downward trajectory.

We need to focus on upcoming players with growing reputations for our squad players and established stars or players on the verge of becoming one (think Bruno and Botman) for the first team.

For me, Liverpool and Man U cast-offs don't fit the bill.
    a few questions I ask myself after looking at every single player we are linked to:
    1 - 'does the guy improve us overall'
    2 - 'will this guy be a 1st team player or one for the future'
    3- 'if both points of 2 are no, is he better than our squad players'
    4- 'if the guy is a first team player will he be a game changer'
    5- 'does he have a good character'

Ox & McNumbany are the calibre of player who would be best described as 'squad' players for clubs that challenge for clubs & the top 4.

Answer to all 5 of those questions on both of these has-beens is a resounding, NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    a few questions I ask myself after looking at every single player we are linked to:
    1 - 'does the guy improve us overall'
    2 - 'will this guy be a 1st team player or one for the future'
    3- 'if both points of 2 are no, is he better than our squad players'
    4- 'if the guy is a first team player will he be a game changer'
    5- 'does he have a good character'

Ox & McNumbany are the calibre of player who would be best described as 'squad' players for clubs that challenge for clubs & the top 4.

Answer to all 5 of those questions on both of these has-beens is a resounding, NO.
    I think your point 5 is a prerequisite for our signings these days. Of course is 5 isn’t ‘right’ then the other 4 points are unlikely to be achievable by the player.

It's a no from me as well.

Yes he'd improve us but he wouldn't improve us. . . if that makes sense.

Mind, we're going to be linked to every player they all want to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's a no from me as well.

Yes he'd improve us but he wouldn't improve us. . . if that makes sense.

Mind, we're going to be linked to every player they all want to get rid of.
    Question is why do they want to get rid of them. We are on a par with the top teams so we should be nipping in and signing the ones they want and not looking to take the ones they don't want for any reason.

It's a different matter us prising away a one they want to keep if he'd rather be on our books than theirs.

Aye, Jammy, that's a good point.

We are going to be linked with more or less every player who's leaving a club in the top leagues across Europe and the vast majority of it is either pure speculation by 'journalists' or agents trying to drum up interest or get an improved deal for their player. As i Dan Ashworth is ringing Luke Edwards and saying 'right, Luke, have you got a pen and paper ready, write these names down...'

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I think your point 5 is a prerequisite for our signings these days. Of course is 5 isn’t ‘right’ then the other 4 points are unlikely to be achievable by the player.
    The 'No D!ck'ed' policy is a prerequisite for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, Jammy, that's a good point.

We are going to be linked with more or less every player who's leaving a club in the top leagues across Europe and the vast majority of it is either pure speculation by 'journalists' or agents trying to drum up interest or get an improved deal for their player. As i Dan Ashworth is ringing Luke Edwards and saying 'right, Luke, have you got a pen and paper ready, write these names down...'
    indeeed 'Every A$$hole and his dog' is gonna pitch their client as a potential signing for us.

The McTominNO is apparently a player Howe likes where as Manuel Ugarte the Sporting DMF phemo is the DMF Ashworth wants to bring in. Howe wants Premier league experienced players. Totally understandable but Bruno and Isak prove that we need to cast our net wider. Moreover when we look at Howe's record of bringing players in @ Bournemouth v Ashworth @ Brighton... it's clear that our excellent manager should stick to the tracksuit side of the business where is excels and leave the player signing to the man like Ashworth to work his magic.

The ceiling on Ugarte is insane the kid is destined to be a world class player and already has international caps for Uruguay. Alves of Ajax is also another option also a completely different class of player in comparison to the no-mark Man U also ran.

I don't mind Man Utd cast-offs, to be honest.

I mean, Sunderland brought in Darron Gibson and that went pretty well!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...s-championship

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)