+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Case Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Isn't the playoff final part of a double header with the FA Trophy Final. That being the case, will the attendance for each club be restricted..
    I think the double header is Trophy and Vase ('Finals day').

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Isn't the playoff final part of a double header with the FA Trophy Final. That being the case, will the attendance for each club be restricted..
    It's the FA Trophy and FA Vase that get played on the same day (21st).

NL Play off final is the weekend before that (13th).

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I think the double header is Trophy and Vase ('Finals day').
    I think you may be right.

We didn't beat Boreham Wood because they didn't play towing, they played to not lose. You can't play that in knock out football

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We didn't beat Boreham Wood because they didn't play towing, they played to not lose. You can't play that in knock out football
    You sure?
    That's another reason to be cautious. We lost last year to a classic cup-side. We beat Grimsby in the league and finished ahead of them - but look what those players did in the knock-out play-offs and knock outs this season FA Cup quarters (which we last did with Don O's goal at Spurs)

Which other NL club have proven themselves to be a strong cup-side? Boreham Wood - 5th round last season, 3rd round exit at Accie after extra time this season. They'd be worthy and tricky opponents. I'd much rather face whoever they play in the quarters.

For me if we are to be in the play offs, I'd like the league to stay as it is.
    Woking 3rd semi finalists
    Chesterfield 4th and have to win two to get to the final
    Barnet 5th Eastleigh 6th - our opponents in the semi final
    Boreham Wood 7th although hope they beat Wrexham in the run in
    So then hope we win our Semi-Final and Woking or Boreham win the other semi final then we would be like Bradford at Wembley and hopefully on that energy sapping pitch our superior fitness will make it a glorious today

The worst case scenario, in any footballing situation, for me would be losing to Forest in a playoff final…..but not far behind that would be losing to Chesterfield in a playoff final. That would destroy me….please don’t let that happen 😭

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    You sure?
    That's another reason to be cautious. We lost last year to a classic cup-side. We beat Grimsby in the league and finished ahead of them - but look what those players did in the knock-out play-offs and knock outs this season FA Cup quarters (which we last did with Don O's goal at Spurs)

Which other NL club have proven themselves to be a strong cup-side? Boreham Wood - 5th round last season, 3rd round exit at Accie after extra time this season. They'd be worthy and tricky opponents. I'd much rather face whoever they play in the quarters.
    We got totally out played by Grimsby in the league at home. Grimsby didn't come to not lose in any of those games.

This season, Boreham Wood have sat back in both games and basically played to not take risks. The FA Cup games did they actually play anyone decent? Think their hardest game was against Bristol Rovers who looked to have played a weakened side

The worst case scenario on possible opponents at the semi final and final stages really aren't that bad. Of course you should apply a level of caution but that's due to the sudden death knockout nature of the playoffs not anyone we have faced in the league to date.

My worst case scenario is losing to anyone at any stage, and being proved right that we won't go up this season. We will then have to hear about the blooming obvious dangers of the playoffs , the scapegoat chosen for the heartbreaking exit, be it player , official , lady luck or team selection, throughout the whole of next season. Along with the inevitable, owners to walk away as a result as next season will be confidently predicted as make or break for the bros.

Looking at the table, you’d fancy Borehamwood to finish above Eastleigh so likelyish it’d be them or Barnet in a semi final. Barnet all day long for that one, even though they’ve got a bigger threat up front it’d be a more open game which would probably suit us. After that I’d definitely fancy Chesterfield to come through after finishing 3rd, losing to them in a final would be worst case scenario, I can’t imagine anything more gut wrenching after the season we’ve had.

I’ve seen it said that Wembley would suit us because it’s got a big pitch but I can’t find out whether it is that big in comparison with those that we’ve played on in the National League? It’s a yard longer than Meadow Lane I think.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 27-03-2023 at 01:15 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast