+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Case Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We got totally out played by Grimsby in the league at home. Grimsby didn't come to not lose in any of those games.

This season, Boreham Wood have sat back in both games and basically played to not take risks. The FA Cup games did they actually play anyone decent? Think their hardest game was against Bristol Rovers who looked to have played a weakened side
    Oh, you want an argument about Boreham Wood?
    Can someone oblige CBP, please? I really can't be bothered

But have FA Cup 4th Round, Feb 2022 Bouremouth 0 Boreham Wood 1
    And that was after knocking out Barnet (away), Eastleigh and Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Looking at the table, you’d fancy Borehamwood to finish above Eastleigh so likelyish it’d be them or Barnet in a semi final. Barnet all day long for that one,.
    by that you mean pick them as an opponent or fancy them to win?

If we end up playing Chesterfield, would we have a greater chance of beating them at Meadow Lane or at Wembley?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If we end up playing Chesterfield, would we have a greater chance of beating them at Meadow Lane or at Wembley?
    Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    by that you mean pick them as an opponent or fancy them to win?
    Whichever way we look at it, our record in playoff campaigns is dismal.

Before this season's almost inevitable 2nd place league finish, we've played in 8 campaigns and lost 6 of them...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Whichever way we look at it, our record in playoff campaigns is dismal.

Before this season's almost inevitable 2nd place league finish, we've played in 8 campaigns and lost 6 of them...
    Seems about right statistically, 4 teams in 'em, you go 25%, 2 out of 8....
    This would be the big chance though, at home on our pitch v Wood or Barnet....then put right what happened in 2020. We should be relishing it rather than dreading it. I think Boreham Wood are a tricky opponent but I would still expect us to beat them.

I wonder if 1 in every 4 competitions is really that bad compared to others?

In the traditional FL playoffs in basic terms you obviously have a 1 in 4 chance. So we are par for the course?

I bet there are plenty of sides that truly have dismal playoff records including no promotions via that route.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Looking at the table, you’d fancy Borehamwood to finish above Eastleigh so likelyish it’d be them or Barnet in a semi final. Barnet all day long for that one, even though they’ve got a bigger threat up front it’d be a more open game which would probably suit us. After that I’d definitely fancy Chesterfield to come through after finishing 3rd, losing to them in a final would be worst case scenario, I can’t imagine anything more gut wrenching after the season we’ve had.

I’ve seen it said that Wembley would suit us because it’s got a big pitch but I can’t find out whether it is that big in comparison with those that we’ve played on in the National League? It’s a yard longer than Meadow Lane I think.
    Wembley's pitch isn't as big as people think. It's about a metre longer than Meadow Lane but a metre less in width (Wembley 105m x 68m, Meadow Lane 104m x 69m)

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    But have FA Cup 4th Round, Feb 2022 Bouremouth 0 Boreham Wood 1
    And that was after knocking out Barnet (away), Eastleigh and Wimbledon
    Last season? Why at any point is that even relevant?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast