+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiz question.

Quiz question.

On which ground did Danny Ings score his first goal in a Burnley shirt ? Tricky one this.

And I know the answer, I was there, I saw it.

Me and the youngest son had gone to Portsmouth for a long lad's weekend, I'm sure we hammered Pompey by a lot and if I recall correctly Danny bagged his first goal for the Clarets. I'm sure Dean Marney bagged a brace too. Fratton Park.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Me and the youngest son had gone to Portsmouth for a long lad's weekend, I'm sure we hammered Pompey by a lot and if I recall correctly Danny bagged his first goal for the Clarets. I'm sure Dean Marney bagged a brace too. Fratton Park.
    March 2012 - I nearly got banned from my local after this result. (Pub in Portchester just outside Portsmouth). Trippier scored a 25 yarder and then Dannu Ings got a header. Charlie Austin then came on and got a hatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    March 2012 - I nearly got banned from my local after this result. (Pub in Portchester just outside Portsmouth). Trippier scored a 25 yarder and then Dannu Ings got a header. Charlie Austin then came on and got a hatrick.
    Memory playing tricks again C_M, I was sure Deano had notched a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    On which ground did Danny Ings score his first goal in a Burnley shirt ? Tricky one this.

I am going to hazard that it was at Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I am going to hazard that it was at Chorley.
    I knew I could depend on you Outwood, playing against PNE Reserves, came on as a late sub and smacked one in almost immediately.

I knew I could depend on you Outwood, playing against PNE Reserves, came on as a late sub and smacked one in almost immediately.
    HMRC employed me as an analyst for a reason sinkov. To find the right answers!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    HMRC employed me as an analyst for a reason sinkov. To find the right answers!

his unceasing isn't as assured - OC.

TRICK Quiz question more like!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    TRICK Quiz question more like!
    What is difficult to understand about the words 'in a Burnley shirt' ? I even put up a little warning for those who might jump straight in without engaging brain first. But some folk just can't resist.

It didn't cause any problem for Professor Outwood.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)