+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have we been fair with Tom Eaves?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    He hasn't given us any reason to believe he still has something to offer us at this level. However playing him against Hull with Washington and giving Hugill a rest might do him some good, if nothing else he might foul the other team less. Hull will not be expecting us to go 2 up front and perhaps trying something different is needed, there is no way we can start at Hull like we have the last 3 games, MT needs to have something and that team need to be up for the fight. Even peltier in an interview stated that when we are bad we are very bad, he is right.
    I still think Wood would bring some leadership and fight to the team, but I am afraid that isn't going to happen
    Derby, I'm not expecting us to go two up front never mind Hull! As for dropping Hugill for Eaves, you banged your head this morning fella?

As for Woody, that clash of the Titans will never be forgotten, don't expect to see Captain Fantastic in a shirt for us again.....I do feel though he stabilises us more than any else at the back. It all depends if Taylor wants to bury the hatchet so to speak and allow Woody to sort our back line out because at the moment we are not looking good at all.
    Last edited by Brin; 28-03-2023 at 10:06 AM.

If we're keeping to 4-3-3 no Peltier BW Bramall Fusu. Need luck with injuries.

Basil with his cortisone injection? and no gru, it's not a new sports car he's bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Derby, I'm not expecting us to go two up front never mind Hull! As for dropping Hugill for Eaves, you banged your head this morning fella?

As for Woody, that clash of the Titans will never be forgotten, don't expect to see Captain Fantastic in a shirt for us again.....I do feel though he stabilises us more than any else at the back. It all depends if Taylor wants to bury the hatchet so to speak and allow Woody to sort our back line out because at the moment we are not looking good at all.
    I know it is silly, but I don't see anything in Hugill, certainly not a captain. All he does is foul, you can see him he watches the player everytime. I do think Eaves playing against Hull might work, put it this way if he doesn't play well in that game there is zero chance of him ever playing well. Doing the same thing week in and week out when we are so bad is insanity, so we have to do something..

I have no time for managers that are stubborn and put the results at risk just because they cannot manage a player or a tough situation, I know others on here say MT has done well with the Woody situation, I am not convinced, nobody has provided any eveidence to prove it isn't just an ego issue between two strong personalities and therefore Rotherham United are missing a key asset at a crucial time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I know it is silly, but I don't see anything in Hugill, certainly not a captain. All he does is foul, you can see him he watches the player everytime. I do think Eaves playing against Hull might work, put it this way if he doesn't play well in that game there is zero chance of him ever playing well. Doing the same thing week in and week out when we are so bad is insanity, so we have to do something..

I have no time for managers that are stubborn and put the results at risk just because they cannot manage a player or a tough situation, I know others on here say MT has done well with the Woody situation, I am not convinced, nobody has provided any eveidence to prove it isn't just an ego issue between two strong personalities and therefore Rotherham United are missing a key asset at a crucial time.
    Derbs, you say, 'put it this way if he doesn't play well in that game there is zero chance of him ever playing well'. We only have 9 games to go so can you really experiment with him hoping it goes well if he plays?

I'd say go big first half with Kelly/Hugill up front and swap Kelly half time if he's knackered as he can't play 90 minutes at this level. Be bold, be brave, be daring and pleeeeease Taylor, DO NOT PLAY WITH ONE UP FRONT!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Derbs, you say, 'put it this way if he doesn't play well in that game there is zero chance of him ever playing well'. We only have 9 games to go so can you really experiment with him hoping it goes well if he plays?

I'd say go big first half with Kelly/Hugill up front and swap Kelly half time if he's knackered as he can't play 90 minutes at this level. Be bold, be brave, be daring and pleeeeease Taylor, DO NOT PLAY WITH ONE UP FRONT!
    or with peltier at CB in a 2, in a 3 ok but not in a 2. We need pace in the FB's so Leo and Kioso same if we play wing backs

i wouldn't mind

Viking
    3 CB's Wright, Wood & Humphreys
    WBs Leo, Kioso
    2 deep midfield - Coventry, Lindsay
    Ollie if he is fit or Fosu (creative midfield role)
    Ogbene, Hugill (if I have to)
    Bench - Vickers, Fergie, Odiffin, Peltier, Brammal, Kelly, Washington

Me I'd go back to 3-5-2 Humphreys Odoffin or Wood Blackett back 3.

Hoping Quina he's finally fit & makes a difference in a positive way to the side.

We have to drop the dud-Hugill.
    People complaining about the Eaves signing need to wake up.

We have 3 years of expensive-nothing to come and when you combine that with the totally ineffective Washington- the future is not bright.

The only way out of this jam is to start Eaves and let him.show everyone what a top player he is.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    We have to drop the dud-Hugill.
    People complaining about the Eaves signing need to wake up.

We have 3 years of expensive-nothing to come and when you combine that with the totally ineffective Washington- the future is not bright.

The only way out of this jam is to start Eaves and let him.show everyone what a top player he is.
    OK Capt Sh*t Stirer,where is the evidence of this ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast