+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: playing surface

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The Dee4life board of directors had a meeting with John Nelms on 4th January 2020 when they were trying to get Ian Baird elected as the Dee4life primary representative on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.
    John Nelms refused to accept Ian Baird’s nomination despite John Nelms being in breach of rules 79 - 82 of the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association which FPS agreed to on 13th August 2013 when they purchased a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited.
    Dee4life Directors Norrie Price and Gary Cocker had a ‘face to face’ meeting with John Nelms and Gary Cocker in early July 2022 in the Gardyne Campus.
    These are the only meetings that Dee4life directors have had with John Nelms since Brian Lawrence resigned as the Dee4life primary representative on 1st April 2017.
    So, are you saying that nobody from Dee4life has had a face to face meeting with either Nelms or Fenton since July 22?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    So, are you saying that nobody from Dee4life has had a face to face meeting with either Nelms or Fenton since July 22?
    Nobody from the Dee4life board of directors has had an official meeting with John Nelms.

A Dee4life Director had a meeting with Greg Fenton in September 2022 about Dee4life paying for the cost of the installation of an E ticketing scheme in Dens Park which was turned down by the management of the Club.
    You will have read in the Dee4life newsletters that Kenny Valentine has had meetings with Greg Fenton such as handing over hot water bottles and expressing concerns about the lack of cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters when there are cash turnstiles in the Bob Shankly Stand for Away supporters.
    Incidentally there are cash turnstiles at tomorrow’s game in the Away section of the Main Stand for Hamilton Accies supporters but not for Dundee supporters in the Main Stand.
    According to the Hamilton Accies website their supporters are to enter the Away section of the Main Stand at Dens Park using turnstiles 31 & 32.

A Dee4life Director had a meeting with Greg Fenton in September 2022 about Dee4life paying for the cost of the installation of an E ticketing scheme in Dens Park which was turned down by the management of the Club.
    You will have read in the Dee4life newsletters that Kenny Valentine has had meetings with Greg Fenton such as handing over hot water bottles and expressing concerns about the lack of cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters when there are cash turnstiles in the Bob Shankly Stand for Away supporters.
    Incidentally there are cash turnstiles at tomorrow’s game in the Away section of the Main Stand for Hamilton Accies supporters but not for Dundee supporters in the Main Stand.
    According to the Hamilton Accies website their supporters are to enter the Away section of the Main Stand at Dens Park using turnstiles 31 & 32.
    Whilst I think that there should be cash turnstiles for our support, going on and on about it in every second post, is not going to change anything.
    As a matter of interest, why do you think there are no cash gates for DFC supporters.

Whilst I think that there should be cash turnstiles for our support, going on and on about it in every second post, is not going to change anything.
    As a matter of interest, why do you think there are no cash gates for DFC supporters.
    You would need to ask Greg Fenton and John Nelms that question.
    In July 2022 when I volunteered to clean the seats in the Main Stand Greg Fenton turned up to speak to the groundsmen and then ourselves.
    I asked Greg Fenton why there were no cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and the Bobby Cox Stand for Dundee supporters.
    Greg relied that there was no demand for cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand but if there was he would look at it again.
    It cannot be to save on ordering change from their bank as there have been cash turnstiles for Away supporters at a number of home games at Dens Park this season including tomorrow’s home game against Hamilton Accies.
    I know that the SLO has raised the subject of having cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters in the home stands with Greg Fenton with no success.
    There used to be cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and occasionally in the Bobby Cox Stand before the Covid lockdown on 23rd March 2020 for every home game apart from the all ticket home games against Rangers, Celtic and the Dabs.
    You should know by now that if you keep saying the same thing eventually the bosses will start saying the same thing as it will be their idea.

You would need to ask Greg Fenton and John Nelms that question.
    In July 2022 when I volunteered to clean the seats in the Main Stand Greg Fenton turned up to speak to the groundsmen and then ourselves.
    I asked Greg Fenton why there were no cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and the Bobby Cox Stand for Dundee supporters.
    Greg relied that there was no demand for cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand but if there was he would look at it again.
    It cannot be to save on ordering change from their bank as there have been cash turnstiles for Away supporters at a number of home games at Dens Park this season including tomorrow’s home game against Hamilton Accies.
    I know that the SLO has raised the subject of having cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters in the home stands with Greg Fenton with no success.
    There used to be cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and occasionally in the Bobby Cox Stand before the Covid lockdown on 23rd March 2020 for every home game apart from the all ticket home games against Rangers, Celtic and the Dabs.
    You should know by now that if you keep saying the same thing eventually the bosses will start saying the same thing as it will be their idea.
    So there’s no demand then? If there were cash turnstiles IYO, how many extra attendees would we get?

So there’s no demand then? If there were cash turnstiles IYO, how many extra attendees would we get?
    I reckon that they would get in excess of 200 people per home game.
    I did not attend the recent home game against Ayr United because I was suffering from a head cold and I was not prepared to got to the ticket office to purchase my ticket and then make a second journey to hand over my ticket at the turnstile before the start of the game.
    I was also not prepared to run the risk of standing in a long queue outside the ticket office in the cold weather waiting to purchase a ticket for the Ayr United game.
    If there had been a cash turnstile in the Main Stand I would gone to the game.
    There is also the continuing uncertainty that the Dens Park will be payable every time it rains before a home game.
    Dundee Football Club management will not refund unused match day tickets until after a rearranged game has been played.
    If there were cash turnstiles people would not have this inconvenience as the turnstiles would not be open until the referee had declared the pitch playable.

I reckon that they would get in excess of 200 people per home game.
    I did not attend the recent home game against Ayr United because I was suffering from a head cold and I was not prepared to got to the ticket office to purchase my ticket and then make a second journey to hand over my ticket at the turnstile before the start of the game.
    I was also not prepared to run the risk of standing in a long queue outside the ticket office in the cold weather waiting to purchase a ticket for the Ayr United game.
    If there had been a cash turnstile in the Main Stand I would gone to the game.
    There is also the continuing uncertainty that the Dens Park will be payable every time it rains before a home game.
    Dundee Football Club management will not refund unused match day tickets until after a rearranged game has been played.
    If there were cash turnstiles people would not have this inconvenience as the turnstiles would not be open until the referee had declared the pitch playable.
    It’s hardly a second journey, walking from the ticket office, to the main stand. The only game that there’s been a long queue, was the Arbroath game, caused by folk leaving the pub 15 minutes before kick off.
    There’s absolutely no way that having a cash gate would see an increase in 200 people, for the vast majority of games in Championship.

It’s hardly a second journey, walking from the ticket office, to the main stand. The only game that there’s been a long queue, was the Arbroath game, caused by folk leaving the pub 15 minutes before kick off.
    There’s absolutely no way that having a cash gate would see an increase in 200 people, for the vast majority of games in Championship.
    The Arbroath game was a bigger than expected crowd and as you say folk leaving it to the last minute. The last few games have had minimal queues at the shop and a 30 yard walk to a turnstile and straight in no queue. But then that doesn't give a professional moaner like Islay any pleasure to indulge himself in his favourite pastime.

Cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and occasionally the Bobby Cox Stand stand worked well up to the first Covid-19 lockdown on 23rd March 2020 so why stop it especially when cash turnstiles are being provided for Away supporters.
    Today we have the crazy situation that turnstiles 31 & 32 in the Main Stand are cash turnstiles for Hamilton Accies supporters whilst the remaining turnstiles in the Main Stand are ticket only for Dundee supporters.
    I blame one person for this shambles.
    John Nelms who is only interested in season ticket holders who pay their season ticket money up front before the start of each season and he is not interested in non season ticket holders.
    Most football clubs are very interested in cash flow and to get in as much money as possible throughout the season by every way possible.
    However that does not appear to be the case in Dundee Football Club where the management make it as difficult for non season ticket holders to attend home games and the club website is a shambles with the sponsors of players during the 2021-22 season still be listed as the sponsors for the 2022-23 season.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)