+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: playing surface

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Two wrongs do not make a right.
    You need to remember that Dens Park has only been used for 14 home league games, 3 League cup ties, I Scottish Cup tie and 2 SPFL trust cup ties to date this season which equates to 20 games this season.
    In the past Dens Park was used every week of the season for League games, Reserve League games, League Cup ties and Scottish Cup ties. The pitch was in a far better condition back then than this season. It is possible that the Dundee first team players also trained on the Dens Park pitch back then.
    The Dundee Football Club board of directors back then were prepared to spend money keeping the pitch up to standard despite no undersoil heating and no pop up sprinkler system whereas the current Dundee Football Club board of directors appear to be cutting back on the maintenance of the Dens Park stadium including the pitch.
    I cant remember a time when we trained regulary on Dens. Back in the early1960s they trained on the public pitches at Kirkton park and over the years have trained in many different locations. I don't actually disagree that the pitch has looked better in the past but it is common knowledge that under soil heating is not good for a pitch and that said heating only has a limited lifespan before needing replaced. I am not sure that sprinklers have any detrimental effect on a pitch but I thought they were built to help keep the grass in good order. I agree that apart from one particular part of the pitch which obviously has a drainage problem the Dens pitch is indeed no worse than most if not all scottish pitches at this time of year. The pitch looked fantastic as usual at the beginning of the season. Do we need to spend money on the pitch - Yes. But we have really good groundsmen in the Robertsons and I'm sure that they will improve matters even if we stay at Dens for a few more seasons.

One thing that annoys me however is the constant sniping at the club from long time supporters. FFS Islay you are never off the club's back. On and on moaning about, this girning about that. There is a difference between constructive criticism and OTT constant carping. I honestly cant understand why you bother attending games or commenting on the club in such a derogatory manner if you can never find a good word to say about them once in a while. Give it a rest man, its boring, soul destroying and the OTT nature of it harms the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    I cant remember a time when we trained regulary on Dens. Back in the early1960s they trained on the public pitches at Kirkton park and over the years have trained in many different locations. I don't actually disagree that the pitch has looked better in the past but it is common knowledge that under soil heating is not good for a pitch and that said heating only has a limited lifespan before needing replaced. I am not sure that sprinklers have any detrimental effect on a pitch but I thought they were built to help keep the grass in good order. I agree that apart from one particular part of the pitch which obviously has a drainage problem the Dens pitch is indeed no worse than most if not all scottish pitches at this time of year. The pitch looked fantastic as usual at the beginning of the season. Do we need to spend money on the pitch - Yes. But we have really good groundsmen in the Robertsons and I'm sure that they will improve matters even if we stay at Dens for a few more seasons.

One thing that annoys me however is the constant sniping at the club from long time supporters. FFS Islay you are never off the club's back. On and on moaning about, this girning about that. There is a difference between constructive criticism and OTT constant carping. I honestly cant understand why you bother attending games or commenting on the club in such a derogatory manner if you can never find a good word to say about them once in a while. Give it a rest man, its boring, soul destroying and the OTT nature of it harms the club.
    I am just giving my own opinion why there have been continual problems with games being cancelled because the Dens Park pitch is waterlogged when other SPFL games in the surrounding area on grass pitches have been played with no problems.
    If you want to think everything is wonderful in Dundee Football Club then dream on.
    I will never forgive John Nelms and Greg Fenton for the lies they stated about me in their respective letter and email to Dee4life.

I am just giving my own opinion why there have been continual problems with games being cancelled because the Dens Park pitch is waterlogged when other SPFL games in the surrounding area on grass pitches have been played with no problems.
    If you want to think everything is wonderful in Dundee Football Club then dream on.
    I will never forgive John Nelms and Greg Fenton for the lies they stated about me in their respective letter and email to Dee4life.
    Why would they tell lies about you?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Why would they tell lies about you?
    John Nelms does not like Dee4life.
    In December 2018 FPS tried to purchase all the A shares for the ‘princely’ sum of £8,000 because the entire A and Ordinary shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts and balance sheet were valued at a nominal sum of £1.
    Their true value at 1.35p per share is now highlighted in the Dee4life annual accounts and balance sheet which from memory the A shares alone have a value of just over £208,000.
    FPS stated that in their opinion Dee4life were getting an excellent deal as they were offering 8000 times their £1 value in their accounts.
    The Dee4life members voted to reject this derisory offer by FPS for the A shares which if sold would have resulted in their entrenched rights being gone for ever.
    FPS subsequently increased their offer for all the A shares to £10,000 but it was still rejected.
    No wonder. The entrenched rights of the A shares are priceless.
    John Nelms stated a pack of lies about me arriving at the Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus to collect an unsigned framed Josh Meekings strip and my subsequent tour of the offices while Greg Fenton stated a pack of lies about my tour of the offices. See the enclosed posts 54 and 55 which explains everything. https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...8302698&page=6
    The Josh Meekings framed strip had been donated by Dee4life to Alison McQueen of Dee Promotions but unfortunately she was unable to get anyone to enter a raffle for the strip.
    Dee4life were asked to collect their strip and as a Dee4life Director and available to collect the strip I volunteered to collect the strip from the Club Offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    John Nelms and Greg Fenton crossed a Red Line for me especially as they dragged my wife into their pack of lies.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 29-03-2023 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post

There are some who think that our support is apathetic and sleep walking into another administration. Are they supposed to give it a rest?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    There are some who think that our support is apathetic and sleep walking into another administration. Are they supposed to give it a rest?
    The pay at the gate, pitch etc comments, are being regurgitated nearly every day on here. Obviously there are concerns about which way the Club is heading, but unfortunately we’re in a situation where the Americans hold all the aces.

Islay,IMO was the main reason that Nelms wanted nothing to do with D4life. The fact that there’s been some dialogue since he left, suggests that was the case.

John Nelms does not like Dee4life.
    In December 2018 FPS tried to purchase all the A shares for the ‘princely’ sum of £8,000 because the entire A and Ordinary shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts and balance sheet were valued at a nominal sum of £1.
    Their true value at 1.35p per share is now highlighted in the Dee4life annual accounts and balance sheet which from memory the A shares alone have a value of just over £208,000.
    FPS stated that in their opinion Dee4life were getting an excellent deal as they were offering 8000 times their £1 value in their accounts.
    The Dee4life members voted to reject this derisory offer by FPS for the A shares which if sold would have resulted in their entrenched rights being gone for ever.
    FPS subsequently increased their offer for all the A shares to £10,000 but it was still rejected.
    No wonder. The entrenched rights of the A shares are priceless.
    John Nelms stated a pack of lies about me arriving at the Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus to collect an unsigned framed Josh Meekings strip and my subsequent tour of the offices while Greg Fenton stated a pack of lies about my tour of the offices. See the enclosed posts 54 and 55 which explains everything. https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...8302698&page=6
    The Josh Meekings framed strip had been donated by Dee4life to Alison McQueen of Dee Promotions but unfortunately she was unable to get anyone to enter a raffle for the strip.
    Dee4life were asked to collect their strip and as a Dee4life Director and available to collect the strip I volunteered to collect the strip from the Club Offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    John Nelms and Greg Fenton crossed a Red Line for me especially as they dragged my wife into their pack of lies.
    Thanks for your reply. If they have lied about what happened, that’s unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    No that's not what I was getting at. Not all is bad around DFC but there are major concerns yes! It is the scale of the carping and as BP33 posted the fact that the same stuff about PATG etc. is constantly gone on and on about when we are not alone in having no PATG. Some posters who have balanced views about the club give credit where credit is due even if it is only occasional and therefore their criticisms carry more weight (with me at least) as opposed to those who cannot find themselves able, ever, to bring themselves to say anything positive about our club. I really wonder sometimes why some posters even bother to carry on 'supporting' the club when they cannot ever see anything positive. That, albeit imo, is going beyond constructive criticism and concerns about admin3 etc.

The pay at the gate, pitch etc comments, are being regurgitated nearly every day on here. Obviously there are concerns about which way the Club is heading, but unfortunately we’re in a situation where the Americans hold all the aces.

Islay,IMO was the main reason that Nelms wanted nothing to do with D4life. The fact that there’s been some dialogue since he left, suggests that was the case.
    What dialogue is this that Nelms has had with Dee4life.

Thanks for your reply. If they have lied about what happened, that’s unforgivable.
    I know that they lied because unlike Greg Fenton and John Nelms I have a witness. My wife who saw everything that happened.
    It would be interesting to know if Dundee Football Club have CCTV at the entrance to their offices at the Gardyne Campus which would whether I ‘barged through door’ or the truth.
    Interestingly my wife and I were never asked to sign a Visitors Book which is worrying if there had been a fire when we were present in the building.
    The fire officer in charge would not know how many people were in the building at that time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)