+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: playing surface

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I know that they lied because unlike Greg Fenton and John Nelms I have a witness. My wife who saw everything that happened.
    It would be interesting to know if Dundee Football Club have CCTV at the entrance to their offices at the Gardyne Campus which would whether I ‘barged through door’ or the truth.
    Interestingly my wife and I were never asked to sign a Visitors Book which is worrying if there had been a fire when we were present in the building.
    The fire officer in charge would not know how many people were in the building at that time.
    Maybe just count you as being there when you arnae .....like season tic holders.

I know that they lied because unlike Greg Fenton and John Nelms I have a witness. My wife who saw everything that happened.
    It would be interesting to know if Dundee Football Club have CCTV at the entrance to their offices at the Gardyne Campus which would whether I ‘barged through door’ or the truth.
    Interestingly my wife and I were never asked to sign a Visitors Book which is worrying if there had been a fire when we were present in the building.
    The fire officer in charge would not know how many people were in the building at that time.
    If we hadn't known you were a banker I'd have thought you were a fire safety officer. Good God man you're obsessed. After your nonsensical idea that somehow folk leaving Dens or other grounds would or should be counted when leaving in an emergency now you are on about the Gardyne Campus. I've been in a number of local authority buildings, commercial premises and other businesses in the past few weeks and a lot further back and have never been asked to 'sign a visitors book'. Did you have all your customers in the bank sign in when cashing a cheque or paying in, when did you last sign in when going in to a pub for a pint? God knows the chaos if every customer of Tesco or ASDA or any other of the big shops asked customers to sign a visitors book just in case the place went on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Maybe just count you as being there when you arnae .....like season tic holders.
    Good one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    If we hadn't known you were a banker I'd have thought you were a fire safety officer. Good God man you're obsessed. After your nonsensical idea that somehow folk leaving Dens or other grounds would or should be counted when leaving in an emergency now you are on about the Gardyne Campus. I've been in a number of local authority buildings, commercial premises and other businesses in the past few weeks and a lot further back and have never been asked to 'sign a visitors book'. Did you have all your customers in the bank sign in when cashing a cheque or paying in, when did you last sign in when going in to a pub for a pint? God knows the chaos if every customer of Tesco or ASDA or any other of the big shops asked customers to sign a visitors book just in case the place went on fire.
    Fire safety / HSE regulations in most workplaces normally require that visitors sign in these days. Places such as local authority buildings wouldn't generally require this in the public areas but then if you were to go into the private areas you would likely need some form of ID or would require to be signed in and accompanied - that's why staff carry swipe cards to get through the doors. I wouldn't class Gardyne as a public access area so although it pains me to say it, because I probably disagree with over 80% of what Islay posts, I'm with him that it would be good policy to sign in guests and visitors in case of fire or other emergency evacuation.

Certainly used to be the case at Dens when the offices were there that non staff members were signed in, I used to go there regularly and signed in every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Fire safety / HSE regulations in most workplaces normally require that visitors sign in these days. Places such as local authority buildings wouldn't generally require this in the public areas but then if you were to go into the private areas you would likely need some form of ID or would require to be signed in and accompanied - that's why staff carry swipe cards to get through the doors. I wouldn't class Gardyne as a public access area so although it pains me to say it, because I probably disagree with over 80% of what Islay posts, I'm with him that it would be good policy to sign in guests and visitors in case of fire or other emergency evacuation.

Certainly used to be the case at Dens when the offices were there that non staff members were signed in, I used to go there regularly and signed in every time.
    Get where you're coming from but is it not a College Campus with students and the public coming and going all the time? Local high school near me doubles as a sports centre. Pupils mix with staff in the corridors and sports area and the public wander in and out to the sports facilities, cafe, meeting area etc. all the time. There is absolutely no check by way of signing in or any other.

What dialogue is this that Nelms has had with Dee4life.
    I can’t be specific, but I was led to believe that Dee4life had attended meetings with our board, which I presumed to be Nelms, and Greg Fenton, recently.

Get where you're coming from but is it not a College Campus with students and the public coming and going all the time? Local high school near me doubles as a sports centre. Pupils mix with staff in the corridors and sports area and the public wander in and out to the sports facilities, cafe, meeting area etc. all the time. There is absolutely no check by way of signing in or any other.
    I believe it's a suite of private offices within the campus, not sure right enough.

Islay can confirm; he's done the tour

Most offices have a signing in book for visitors.
    When I visited my father in Taigh Na Murin nursing home in Monifieth I had to enter my name and the registration number of my car plus the number of people with me and the time I signed their Visitors book.
    When I was leaving I had to state in the Visitors book the time I left the nursing home.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I believe it's a suite of private offices within the campus, not sure right enough.

Islay can confirm; he's done the tour
    Yes it is a suite of private offices with its own separate entrance and nothing to write home about.
    I did not ask to see the games hall and swimming pool as I have previously seen the games hall and swum in the swimming pool.
    In early 1977 the Bank of Scotland Dundee sports and social club had exclusive use of the College of Education Gardyne swimming pool and games hall as they rented it from 7pm to 9pm on a Monday evening.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 30-03-2023 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    I can’t be specific, but I was led to believe that Dee4life had attended meetings with our board, which I presumed to be Nelms, and Greg Fenton, recently.
    The Dee4life board of directors had a meeting with John Nelms on 4th January 2020 when they were trying to get Ian Baird elected as the Dee4life primary representative on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.
    John Nelms refused to accept Ian Baird’s nomination despite John Nelms being in breach of rules 79 - 82 of the Dundee Football Club Limited Articles of Association which FPS agreed to on 13th August 2013 when they purchased a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited.
    Dee4life Directors Norrie Price and Gary Cocker had a ‘face to face’ meeting with John Nelms and Gary Cocker in early July 2022 in the Gardyne Campus.
    These are the only meetings that Dee4life directors have had with John Nelms since Brian Lawrence resigned as the Dee4life primary representative on 1st April 2017.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)