+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kacper Lopata signed

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I'd imagine the deadline is for transfers and loans only. Refusing to allow free agents to play would be some sort of restriction of trade and would probably be illegal under UK employment law.
    Makes sense, assuming it's more about registration as no contract as such in place?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Lopata made 44 appearances while with the Shrimpers but handed in his notice at the start of March after a ‘serious breach of contract’ which saw him having to wait an additional 28 days for his January wages
    Not really much of a team player then, I'm sure the whole squad had to wait 28 days but we didn't see them throwing their toys out the pram. Glad we didn't show any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Not really much of a team player then, I'm sure the whole squad had to wait 28 days but we didn't see them throwing their toys out the pram. Glad we didn't show any interest.
    Who's to say he doesn't have children and a mortgage to pay? Or debt he needs to pay off. Not everyone makes thousands a week down at this level.

When a free agent becomes a free agent before the transfer deadline then the free agent player is free to sign for any club even after the deadline because he was a free agent when the deadline passed.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    When a free agent becomes a free agent before the transfer deadline then the free agent player is free to sign for any club even after the deadline because he was a free agent when the deadline passed.
    Except this is the FA deadline, which means EFL clubs who could still sign an out of contract player can't sign one now either

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12