+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Al-Thani

Al-Thani

Wasn't he one of the alleged owners of Munto Finance through Qadbak? I can see that the dream for Malaga hasn't ended well under his ownership with an article on the BBC tiday

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Wasn't he one of the alleged owners of Munto Finance through Qadbak? I can see that the dream for Malaga hasn't ended well under his ownership with an article on the BBC tiday
    The Al-Thani family is the ruling family of Qatar. There are a lot of them and they range from well off to insanely rich.

If memory serves I think Munto dropped some hints they were behind the consortium but it was denied quite quickly by the Al-Thani family.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Read the same article and thought the same thing.

The story that they cobbled up beggars belief. Years of admin and trust, Munto, then the Hardy fiasco and now we're set to get our best ever points total and potentially not get promotion.

Surely it's not this stressful being a fan of most other lower league clubs?

We're just fortunate we've thus far managed to avoid a Bury / Wimbledon / Macclesfield situation.

For the lack of mention he gets on here for all his subsequent blunders with the exception of Haydn Green then Ray Trew has probably had the biggest hand in that. If he hadn't appointed the crook as CEO then maybe his reign would've been different.

Weirdly enough I believe our prospects under our current owners are brighter than either of the last two despite them having a 2 league advantage.