+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Altrincham FC 28.03.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Full stats report now up and a closer look at John Bostock . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...t-altrincham-a
    I'd love to know what the possession stats were for the second half, as it felt like we kept the ball for about half an hour without letting Altrincham near it.

Alty highlights are entertaining, they say Bostock scored the first. I mean it's not like he stands out with the blond mohawk is it?

You can see Bostock asking the ref if he can take it without a doubt.

Last edited by SwalePie; 30-03-2023 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I'm not sure what game Phil was watching, I had to check the date...

If his players had been more on the ball rather than just milling around wasting time they might have stopped the first goal.

For me, if a defender cynically pulls down a player on the edge of the box then they’ve no complaints if the ref lets the free kick be taken quickly restoring the attacking teams advantage. I applaud the ref for that and think I would if it went against us too.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    For me, if a defender cynically pulls down a player on the edge of the box then they’ve no complaints if the ref lets the free kick be taken quickly restoring the attacking teams advantage. I applaud the ref for that and think I would if it went against us too.
    Agree, if it happens on the edge of our box then it wouldn't get a mention that the free kick was taken quickly.

As far as I'm aware the laws of the game apply all over pitch, not just in certain areas.

A great degree of advantage is lost by allowing the defence to get into position while referees insist on having their moment of glory! There is nothing in the rules of the game that forbids a quick free kick.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-03-2023 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    For years I've been reading posts saying "if only we could get a 20 goals a season striker".

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd find a 40(+) goals a season striker!
    Fantastic , but remember as we all do this is non league, I doubt Langstaff will score 40 plus goals further up the pyramid , a lot of sides in this division are really very poor , unfortunately there is one that is better, bloody Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Full stats report now up and a closer look at John Bostock . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...t-altrincham-a
    Yeah good. I'm glad there's a closer look at him as I was at the game and thought he could easily of claimed MOM. I wasn't convinced with him for the first few games, but its clear that he's just needed time to get fit and understand LW way of playing. Long may it continue. Keep going Bozza!

It's probably a bit more difficult to rate players when you're watching a stream or on TV which is why a couple of people still didn't understand why he was so good, but in the flesh, on the night, under the lights, he was possessed! It was plain to see.

All fair enough really. As an opposing manager he's going to feel aggrieved by some of the decisions that went against him. Apart from that, he speaks well and has a good knowledge of the game and the league. It also sounds like he prefers Notts style of play to Wrexham's which is always nice to hear! Hope Alty go on and win the FA Trophy. Would be good for the area. They're actually quite a historic club. Not like this Salford nonsense.

When the unthinkable nearly happened and we didn't have a club, Atly would have been my go to.

Sure, I live 10 mins from Old Trafford, but where's the fun in that? 10 mins the other way and I'm in Alty!!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213