+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Altrincham FC 28.03.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    On this day...

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie's Farm View Post
    On this day...
    The irony for the 638 Notts fans there is that few of us could see history being made at the far end of the ground. While Alty is a classic non-league ground, it’s also the reason we have to get out of this league this season.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The irony for the 638 Notts fans there is that few of us could see history being made at the far end of the ground.
    The NLTV stream didn't show it, so you weren't alone in missing it.

After having watched the stream last night, but missing the opening goal due to the, less than good camera work, I certainly wasn't expecting the goal to have been scored in that manner. Quick thinking by JB and ML, way above National League level. It is just another example of the standards LW and his staff are setting this season.
    As many have said, Altrincham might be the typical, full of character non league ground, but it is also the very reason why we have to escape the NL, asap.

Professional stuff from us last night, probably a good time to play Alty with their cup semi-final coming up on Saturday because the second goal killed the game completely and both teams were happy to make it a bit of a training exercise rather than risk injury.

You'd feel hard done by if the first goal was against us, but really the free-kick was taken from the right place, the ball wasn't moving and the ref was happy. You've got to be sharper than that as a defending team.

Thought Bostock was immense, ran the game on a really difficult pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not so sure on that, if we win at their place they only need to lose one more to take it to GD if both teams win all the other games. We are currently 2 better on GD, beat them and they lose another it has to be +5 in our favour at least.

Unlikely maybe, but if I see a straw I'll clutch it with both hands!
    I think it is more plausible that they might draw 2 of their other 6 games besides losing to Notts. Seems like a bit bigger piece of straw to me.

I'm not sure what game Phil was watching, I had to check the date...

If his players had been more on the ball rather than just milling around wasting time they might have stopped the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Mine was fine mate 2nd half buffeted about 2 times in first half
    Same with me, no real problems.

I didnt realise it was a luxury being able to take a free kick.? I suppose being alert at corners, throws,free kicks etc is also a luxury ?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I didnt realise it was a luxury being able to take a free kick.? I suppose being alert at corners, throws,free kicks etc is also a luxury ?
    Exactly. Any half decent coach who has watched Notts this season will tell you that we try to get the ball in play as quick as possible. Doesn’t always work on throw-ins but how often do we see players sprinting to play a short corner or free kick? It’s relentless by Notts to tire the opposition as much as catch them off guard.
    The Alty Phil Parkinson show just admit his players were naive and a player should have stood in the ball to stop a quick free kick.
    I’d be annoyed if it was us… not for any reason other than players switching off.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast