+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doncaster

Bit worrying that according to OS Connor was an injury doubt for Ireland and not risked in their game - though good if that ensures he's fir for us .....

According to Belly, Connor not available for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Can see why you have started the thread earlier than usual WBW but I will reserve judgement on the game until later in the week when we might have a bit more knowledge of players available, Rod and Finnigan come to mind.
    Interesting information regarding the referee.
    Keep the faith posters and I'll come back later in the week.
    Going by the snippets of team news both for ourselves and the opposition I'm going for 1-1 and a very cagey game. Again I think that if we really went for it we could win the game but don't expect us to do so.

I’m stupidly optimistic. They have a lot of players missing. Apparently no forwards available.
    We have been on a run of difficult away games and score line wise, not been hammered.
    Reading their message board, they are very disillusioned with the manager and some are wanting a Crewe win.
    So, I’m going for 2-0 to Crewe. (Probably 3-0 Doncaster now I’ve said that )

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    According to Belly, Connor not available for Saturday
    Today saying he and others need to be assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Today saying he and others need to be assessed.
    ..but giving the impression that only Robertson is likely to return.
    If he is fit, I would suggest 3 at the back - if Connor is not fit then maybe Thomas. This of course causes havoc for the midfield as we haven't got anyone of real substance there. Ainley, Brook and Colkett are basically fighting for one place. Tabiner is a cert but who else? It would be sort of a good job we had (if that's the formation chosen) wingback to compress that midfield as there will have to be someone playing an unlikely role to anchor the midfield.
    The forward line is easier - Agyei and CBR playing side by side- no lone target men please. I think it's best for 'Nev' to be on the bench at the moment - to much pressure on him to start.
    What chance Long on the bench (which might be a little stronger than the one at Gillingham but only in terms of going forwards!)?
    I'm going along with a 1-1 draw. A little respite from 3 defeats on the bounce.

No Rod - O'Riordan starts.
    CBR also starts, with Nev dropping to the bench.
    Chris Long is on the bench, along with Zak Kempster-Down and Sean Robertson.

BBC suggests 4-4-1-1 but I suspect 4-1-3-2. I hope it's 2 upfront otherwise can't see us keeping the ball up front.

...and no Holicek on the bench!!

Hope that's not a Crewe flare. Funking morons!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast