+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Alex all together'

'Alex all together'

How do people feel about this? I understand the club need to seek out revenue streams etc but i'm not sure I like this. It replaces an end of season event where we could show our appreciation to players etc. I've been to the last two and enjoyed a post-match event to top off the season in a in formal manner.
    The club are now to replace the occasion with £15 tickets (okay, some of that covers pie and peas) and a starting time of 7.00pm.
    I'm not sure what people are supposed to do for 2 hours between the match and the event, especially those of us who have travelled from out of town.
    Anyway, I won't be going now and nor will the 2 guests I am bringing to the game, who would have gone with me and my partner to the usual after-match event.
    As a season ticket holder of many years I am beginning to think that my support is a little less appreciated. I have supported the club financially in a number of ways including kit sponsorship until that was repackaged and taken out of my price range. I hope they don't lose sight of support beyond mere streams of revenue.

Hadn't noticed till you posted this. I can see why with a comedian booked they've gone for a later start, though as you say it really penalizes more distant fans like you. With entertainment and food I suppose £15 isn't a bad price. Another oddity though is that, with the rearranged Braffurd fixture on 3rd May, this isn't even the last home fixture, and there are 2 games still to play, so hard to get us to choose players of the season etc before the 3rd last game is played.

Christ those season ticket prices are a bit sharp, can't afford those prices I'm afraid I will have to pick and choose from now on and rely on freebies.

Tbf, the price is probably quite reasonable when you include the comedian. However, I could do without the comedian and just enjoy an informal after-match 'celebration' with other fans and the team. What I don't need is the formalised 'event' 2 hours after the match. Who came up with this idea and why?