+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doncaster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doncaster

In an attempt to move on from yet another ruined thread, what about the next match? Beadle back, presumably Connor and Rod will leave Offord on the bench. Not much alternative at LB, so might have to continue with Rio. Up front, CBR needs games, Nevitt desperately needs a goal to prevent the Sambou links.

And if the words "coaching" or "academy" crop up, the thread will be at an end.

Just to be aware, Saturdays ref is Simon Joyce, who so far this season, has overseen 23 games, handing out 95 yellow cards and five reds in the process, the highest average in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    In an attempt to move on from yet another ruined thread, what about the next match? Beadle back, presumably Connor and Rod will leave Offord on the bench. Not much alternative at LB, so might have to continue with Rio. Up front, CBR needs games, Nevitt desperately needs a goal to prevent the Sambou links.

Oh, the power of the pen!

Anyway, who are you to say this thread will be at an end? You seem all so miserable about kicking a bladder about! I have noticed that footballers in the old days were much more happy and mostly on little money too..

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post

If you really mean that YOU will stop posting, then good, your one liners add nothing to anything, anytime!

Hoping that we have 'most' players available for this one - we're gonna need them.

Donny have lost more games than ourselves, but are 10 points ahead of us.

Just hope that we can scrape a win 2-1 - with CBR getting the opener and big "Nev" to score the winner (please!)

Can see why you have started the thread earlier than usual WBW but I will reserve judgement on the game until later in the week when we might have a bit more knowledge of players available, Rod and Finnigan come to mind.
    Interesting information regarding the referee.
    Keep the faith posters and I'll come back later in the week.

Will we see Long on the bench?
    A lot of what we might predict will be based on knowing who's available. No info relating to that has been forthcoming so I'll hang on for a couple of days.
    I do think that Agyei, CBR and 'Nev' should all start. However that will mean a solid midfield will be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Will we see Long on the bench?
    A lot of what we might predict will be based on knowing who's available. No info relating to that has been forthcoming so I'll hang on for a couple of days.
    I do think that Agyei, CBR and 'Nev' should all start. However that will mean a solid midfield will be necessary.
    Long played a planned 45 minutes for the U-21s on Monday (when Connor Evans scored a hat trick) so might make the bench, but after what happened last time he tried 20 first team minutes I doubt it, if we have CBR, Nev, Agyei, Brook all available. No other injured first teamers got a run out against Ipswich, but maybe Rod and Robertson not been out long enough to need it? Finnigan last we heard should be a bit longer before he's available.

11 players missing, injured for Doncaster. One of them is the 2nd choice goalie but another is leading scorer, Miller. They have won only 1 in the last 8. Not a statistic we like to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Long played a planned 45 minutes for the U-21s on Monday (when Connor Evans scored a hat trick) so might make the bench, but after what happened last time he tried 20 first team minutes I doubt it, if we have CBR, Nev, Agyei, Brook all available. No other injured first teamers got a run out against Ipswich, but maybe Rod and Robertson not been out long enough to need it? Finnigan last we heard should be a bit longer before he's available.
    Have watched the highlights of the U21 (on YouTube) and Crewe's first goal is really good. Well worth a look online, and finished off superbly by Jamie Vardy (aka Conor Evans).

Owen Lunt is looking very useful. Long looked very lively and provided the assist for Jamie's first goal ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast