+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings @ Alty

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Would agree with some of those. Defo dont agree with a 6 for Bostock. Were you actually there or just watching the stream? (Genuine question).

I thought Bostock was fantastic tonight. He deserved a goal as well. He got to pretty much all the 2nd balls and recovered play well if we lost it up high. Did plenty of ferriting around and used the overload with Chicks well on the left. Especially in the first half.His passing was generally very accurate and he left everything on the pitch.

Also 5 harsh for Chicks. Thought he did well even though he had to change from LWB to RWB.

Bostock 8
    Chicks 7
    Austin 7

Would be my alterations for the starting 11.
    Yeah was with Johnny Helm and the great view on the stream. Unfortunately, I wasn't at pitch level behind the goal for the brilliant atmosphere and experience, but dodgy view of proceedings...
    Seems like many thought more of JB's game tonight. I thought about it at HT and had JB on 7 and MP on 6 (whose influence grew more and more)...I think the requirements change when you get moved to the 'inside-forward' position we use....but then again we were 2-0 up for all of that time, which allowed him to play his usual game

Thinking of Baj though, he made me forget completely about Baldwin. What an asset he is when he's playing like this.

Yeah, Badger MOM is a good shout. Rawlinson was also immense (but lost his head a bit for the yellow). Mair was solid. Lots of very good performances from others. All 7 or above in my opinion. Made a tricky fixture look pretty comfortable and it could have been 3 or 4-0 really.

I thought we were excellent in the second half tonight after a pretty even first half where they were dangerous on the break. Standing behind the far goal, I - and others - had no idea what happened for the first goal.

I’d mark everyone a 7, except for Baj, Bostock, Mair and Macca - who all get 8s. Fair play to the ref for letting us take the quick free kick and the penalty award, which seemed a little harsh at the time given how close the defender was to Aaron.

Matty Palmer was an easy 8 last night, as he nearly always is. Every move was laced with his magic.

I know Macca and Ruben are probably the fans likely POS front runners but without Palmer there pulling the strings then none of that stuff ever happens, a sheer delight to watch.

Just a really solid team performance last night. Well done Archie Mair for a well-deserved clean sheet.

And another shout out to the Alty commentary team. It's usually a bit irritating listening to opposition commentators, but they were a joy. Passionate about the home team but also genuinely interested in talking about Notts as well. Plus a lovely tribute to Colin Slater at some point in the second half. Cracking stuff.

What I want to know is did the A4 pad make an appearance, get turned sideways and the accompanying pen go to work for last night's ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What I want to know is did the A4 pad make an appearance, get turned sideways and the accompanying pen go to work for last night's ratings?
    Yeah Laddo, but this time I innovated and delegated. So as not to disturb the imbibing of ales, feet up in front of the big screen, I tasked one of my teanagers with the recording, for 50p extra allowance. So just had to shout out stuff like Palmer plus, Joe Bloggs minus - worked a treat ; )

Bajrami is another great addition to the squad(or team) again this season - tbh I don't think Radar has taken enough credit for this season's signings.
    Thought he was superb in the middle of the park earlier in the season but for whatever reason lost his way, if and when Baldwin comes back Baj is another candidate for the middle of the park ands adds physicality and height when defending.
    We do have plenty of options that don't weaken the side and don't think it will be long before we can't accomodate the fit outfield players in the 16 let alone a keeper on the bench(which has been good security especially Saturday)

I only know one person who thinks radar and it's recruitment gets too much praise. Hard to believe when the recruited players and management team have amassed 97 points and counting. But differing opinions are what the makes the board come alive.

Does anyone think the way the offside law is currently being implemented, alongside our style of play, necessitates us having a keeper on the bench. I am also noticing more sides doing this.
    It was interesting to hear John Helm and his co commentator (both brilliant by the way), also comment, negatively on the timing of the raising of the offside flag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast