+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings @ Alty

Match Ratings @ Alty

Mair 8 - Fantastic penalty save and faultless throughout
    Rawlinson 8 - Superb
    Bajrami 8 - MOM didn't put a foot wrong, kudos to him for regaining his best form
    Cameron 6 - Picking up on a trend for him to make slow starts
    Nemane 7 - Typically busy and a pain in the butt for the opposition
    Bostock 6 - Did his best work in the first half, doesn't really seem to like being moved forward
    Palmer 7 - At the hub of everything as usual
    Chicksen 5 - Bit harsh from me, but hope he can rediscover some more confidence and dynamism for the rest of the run in
    Rodrigues 8 - Hope whatever minor injury he might have is nothing, we really need him. Great again for 55mins
    Austin 6 - If he wonders why he can't cement a place in the starting XI, this kind of game explains it
    Langstaff 7 - Lethal all season long

Subs
    O'Brien 8 - Great cameo performance
    Brindley 6 - Great to see him back
    Vincent 7 - Really good, a favourite player of mine so hope his performances are liked by LW

Finally, what a thrill to have the commentary of the 80-year old John Helm tonight. At first, I didn't realise it was him and noticed the mistakes...but he gets a pass, the voice of 1982 World Cup for me, and the goals of Socrates, Zico, Eder etc. An absolute legend.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 28-03-2023 at 08:56 PM.

Bit harsh on Bostock.
    I thought he was excellent tonight

Archie Mair - well played.

Uh, uh... we never doubted you!

Two observations from tonight Cameron dived into the tackle for the penalty when he didn’t need to the guy was going nowhere and we had 3 players back with him.
    Don’t think it will happen as Sam is the Number 1 quite rightly but away at Wrexham Mair at 6ft 6” would nullify the long throws and high balls into the box
    Our defensive line has to be better v Wrexham because with Mullin movement he will breach it and he will score

(It goes without saying) we cannot afford to keep conceding soft penalties.

Along with Altys commentators, I thought Bostock and Palmer were excellent. Bostock looked exhausted at the end, so he may not be totally match fit yet.

Bostock marked below Vincent 🤣, AC. I love FV, but it was very much a cameo appearance. It had a massive impact on the game.with JB asking the ref if we could take a quick free kick, that really won us the game, (credit here too, to Tom Weal who instills it into the players to ask the ref if a quick free kick is on.
    Very impressed with Mair, after his shaky start versus Maidstone in the FAT. Maybe only one dodgy decision tonight, when playing out from the back. Thought a 9 was maybe justified if not all for traditional goalkeeping skills.
    I doubt SA is questioning his lack of starting game time, but tonight certainly showed that he is of more use as an impact sub.
    Hopefully now with an 11 day gap before our next game we can get everyone, minus TAR fit again.
    I agree with all of the other marks.

He’s played two 90 minutes in 4 days which is probably at least a year since he did that so must be getting fitter - was Saturday his first 90 minutes for us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Bostock marked below Vincent ��, AC.
    I'll mark it on the 20mins he had...I thought he did really well for that time

On Bostock, maybe I should like more the many times he uses the ball well in situations where he's not under too much pressure.
    It still stands out to me though that when the situation isn't easy and becomes a 50/50 he loses out to his opponent too much...hopefully this is something which will improve as his match fitness improves, but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Mair 8 - Fantastic penalty save and faultless throughout
    Rawlinson 8 - Superb
    Bajrami 8 - MOM didn't put a foot wrong, kudos to him for regaining his best form
    Cameron 6 - Picking up on a trend for him to make slow starts
    Nemane 7 - Typically busy and a pain in the butt for the opposition
    Bostock 6 - Did his best work in the first half, doesn't really seem to like being moved forward
    Palmer 7 - At the hub of everything as usual
    Chicksen 5 - Bit harsh from me, but hope he can rediscover some more confidence and dynamism for the rest of the run in
    Rodrigues 8 - Hope whatever minor injury he might have is nothing, we really need him. Great again for 55mins
    Austin 6 - If he wonders why he can't cement a place in the starting XI, this kind of game explains it
    Langstaff 7 - Lethal all season long

Subs
    O'Brien 8 - Great cameo performance
    Brindley 6 - Great to see him back
    Vincent 7 - Really good, a favourite player of mine so hope his performances are liked by LW

Finally, what a thrill to have the commentary of the 80-year old John Helm tonight. At first, I didn't realise it was him and noticed the mistakes...but he gets a pass, the voice of 1982 World Cup for me, and the goals of Socrates, Zico, Eder etc. An absolute legend.
    Would agree with some of those. Defo dont agree with a 6 for Bostock. Were you actually there or just watching the stream? (Genuine question).

I thought Bostock was fantastic tonight. He deserved a goal as well. He got to pretty much all the 2nd balls and recovered play well if we lost it up high. Did plenty of ferreting around and used the overload with Chicks well on the left. Especially in the first half. His passing was generally very accurate and he left everything on the pitch.

Also 5 harsh for Chicks. Thought he did well even though he had to change from LWB to RWB.

Bostock 8
    Chicks 7
    Austin 7

Would be my alterations for the starting 11.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-03-2023 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast