+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Rishi for me! (Politics trigger warning).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What a back stabbing piece of $hit Starmer is. 3 years ago he was pushing Corbyn to be Prime Minister. Them pesky Jews come in handy when you need them eh mon ami?
    Starmer had one massive advantage over Jezza, not being one of the anti-semitic Jew baiters in the party, he could act against them. Unfortunately for Jezza, as a life long anti-semite and Jew baiter himself, he couldn't.
    Last edited by sinkov; 29-03-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I assume that the Labour Party has a constitution that, inter alia, sets out the selection process. Provided that the constitution has been followed, Corbyn should suck it up and stand as an independent.

I imagine that any constitution also has provisions for how to change it. That process should be followed if members do not agree with elements of the constitution.

That is democracy, not someone objecting to a democratically made decision.
    Sorry S-c you do not know what you are talking about. I sat on three different CLP Executive Committees, and I can assure you that Starmer has stabbed Corbyn in the back. The CLP decides who to propose, the only way a sitting Labour MP can be held up for re-election is if that person has committed a criminal offence or some other horribly heinous offence. The Labour Party is no longer for the working classes. 100,000 members have walked since Starmer stabbed Corbyn in the back and that tells you all you need to know.

He will be gunning for three more Corbyn allies and sitting MPs next. Would you like me to name them?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Starmer had one massive advantage over Jezza, not being one of the anti-semitic Jew baiters in the party, he could act against them. Unfortunately for Jezza, as a life long anti-semite and Jew baiter himself, he couldn't.
    Read the Forbes report mon ami and come back for a serious debate after you have nipped through it.

Read the Forbes report mon ami and come back for a serious debate after you have nipped through it.
    I have an awful lot of reading to do on a daily basis mon ami, never heard of Forbes or his/her report. Why should I use up my valuable time reading it ? Could it be the first official report I read that's actually enlightening and isn't a whitewash ?

I have an awful lot of reading to do on a daily basis mon ami, never heard of Forbes or his/her report. Why should I use up my valuable time reading it ? Could it be the first official report I read that's actually enlightening and isn't a whitewash ?
    I'm out with the wife for most of the day, I'll report back on the report when I get back to save you the bother. Two words. Hypocrisy. Vendetta.

I don't really understand what he's bothered about, why would he want to stand as a Labour candidate anyway, surely he can see what a fraudelent shell of a political party Labour now is. BT can, so why not Corbyn ? Feck 'em Jezza, you stand as an Independent mate, you'll probably win.
    An old CLP mate of mine emailed me: The motion, which the NEC is expected to back, says the Islington North MP "will not be endorsed by the NEC as a candidate on behalf of the Labour Party at the next general election".

This Red Tory stooge has to resort to Undemocratically changing the rules of the Labour party, in order to keep those like Jeremy Corbyn out. This illegal move, is just one more proof that the current Labour party is nothing but a Tory Replica.

This Disgraceful move, will cement the idea that the Blairite leadership of the Opposition has lost all credibility, as it tilts ever to the Right.

Don't think my old mucker is at all happy, do you sinkov?

Sorry S-c you do not know what you are talking about. I sat on three different CLP Executive Committees, and I can assure you that Starmer has stabbed Corbyn in the back. The CLP decides who to propose, the only way a sitting Labour MP can be held up for re-election is if that person has committed a criminal offence or some other horribly heinous offence. The Labour Party is no longer for the working classes. 100,000 members have walked since Starmer stabbed Corbyn in the back and that tells you all you need to know.

He will be gunning for three more Corbyn allies and sitting MPs next. Would you like me to name them?
    With all due respect, I do know what I am talking about.

I clearly stated that «*provided that*» the constitution has been followed correctly then Corbyn can have no complaint. Even if it is a «*stitch-up*» as sinkov claims. Whether one views that as democratic is a moot point.

If the constitution has not been followed, then the steps taken to exclude him are ultra vires and therefore void.

There is a fundamental difference between an emotional response and a legal response.

I care not one jot about Corbyn. If the voters in his constituency want him, I am sure that he will stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    With all due respect, I do know what I am talking about.

I clearly stated that «*provided that*» the constitution has been followed correctly then Corbyn can have no complaint. Even if it is a «*stitch-up*» as sinkov claims. Whether one views that as democratic is a moot point.

If the constitution has not been followed, then the steps taken to exclude him are ultra vires and therefore void.

There is a fundamental difference between an emotional response and a legal response.

I care not one jot about Corbyn. If the voters in his constituency want him, I am sure that he will stand.
    The NEC have ruled otherwise S-c. I'm trying to remember a precedent.

This Disgraceful move, will cement the idea that the Blairite leadership of the Opposition has lost all credibility, as it tilts ever to the Right.
    [/COLOR][/I][/B]
    What a load of effluent, tilts to the right my arse, name me one Labour policy that could even be remotely described as right-wing. In fact name me one policy of the Not The Conservative Party that could be described as right-wing. When are you going to start living in the real instead of your Grauniad inspired Lefty wonderland ?

What a load of effluent, tilts to the right my arse, name me one Labour policy that could even be remotely described as right-wing. In fact name me one policy of the Not The Conservative Party that could be described as right-wing. When are you going to start living in the real instead of your Grauniad inspired Lefty wonderland ?
    Nay! Don't shoot the messenger, I was only scripting what my old mucker wrote.

If you don't think a leader of the Labour party who opposes the right to strike is not a Tory then f*ck me rigid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)