+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's Rishi for me! (Politics trigger warning).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The NEC have ruled otherwise S-c. I'm trying to remember a precedent.
    Again, if the NEC has acted outside the constitution of the Labour Party, the decision is ultra vires, void and open to legal challenge by Jezza.

Whether Starmer, the NEC or uncle Tom Cobbly, the same rules apply. It is a democracy within the rules of the constitution. It is not for Starmer or the NEC to assume powers that they do not hold - no matter how popular or otherwise the decisions may be.

Starmer, as a lawyer, will know that. He is either on safe ground or he is bluffing his way through on a populist approach. In that sense I hope that Corbyn takes them on and shows them to be what they are, if they are acting illegally in the sense of ignoring the constitution.

Dear sinkov, I have just spent the best part of one hour sifting through the Forde Report. I know it’s sad.

Conclusion: Starmer has implemented what I can only call "hierarchical racism" into any claim of racism within the Labour party. It's now Jews first, blacks second, Muslims a distant third (he will live to regret that one).

He despises Trade Unions (the feeling is reciprocated), and it's abundantly clear the PLP is no longer a "home" for the working classes.

I have no idea who he is trying to appeal too other than white middle England. I honestly believe if Sunak gets his arse in gear, he will breeze the next election because he already holds white middle England.

Starmer's only real hope is to attempt to win back the defecting "Red Wall" northern constituencies. I'm not sure a white liberal Remainer with a Jewish family will win the hearts and minds of the people from the less than wealthy "hotspots" like Bolton and Redcar, do you?

Weaponizing anti-Semitism and expelling Corbyn from the Labour Party should come as no surprise when we realise that Starmer is raising his children ‘to recognize the faith’ of their grandfather’s Jewish family and he wants to ‘make up for lost ground’ between the Labour Party and the Jewish community.

Meanwhile in the real world the old fraud reveals his family belong to London’s Liberal Jewish Synagogue, which is situated in the St. John’s Wood neighbourhood of North London and neither Bolton nor Redcar.

Vote Labour? Pas un Espoir mon ami. (I wish my French was as good as yours!)

Dear sinkov, I have just spent the best part of one hour sifting through the Forde Report. I know it’s sad.

Conclusion: Starmer has implemented what I can only call "hierarchical racism" into any claim of racism within the Labour party. It's now Jews first, blacks second, Muslims a distant third (he will live to regret that one).

He despises Trade Unions (the feeling is reciprocated), and it's abundantly clear the PLP is no longer a "home" for the working classes.

I have no idea who he is trying to appeal too other than white middle England. I honestly believe if Sunak gets his arse in gear, he will breeze the next election because he already holds white middle England.

Starmer's only real hope is to attempt to win back the defecting "Red Wall" northern constituencies. I'm not sure a white liberal Remainer with a Jewish family will win the hearts and minds of the people from the less than wealthy "hotspots" like Bolton and Redcar, do you?

Weaponizing anti-Semitism and expelling Corbyn from the Labour Party should come as no surprise when we realise that Starmer is raising his children ‘to recognize the faith’ of their grandfather’s Jewish family and he wants to ‘make up for lost ground’ between the Labour Party and the Jewish community.

Meanwhile in the real world the old fraud reveals his family belong to London’s Liberal Jewish Synagogue, which is situated in the St. John’s Wood neighbourhood of North London and neither Bolton nor Redcar.

Vote Labour? Pas un Espoir mon ami. (I wish my French was as good as yours!)
    All very intriguing mon ami, but internal Labour Party politics is way beyond my pay grade. I just think, here we go again, the Left eats itself and leave them to it. Incidentally, when you're predicting Rishi for PM are you taking into account the potential implosion of the SNP up in Scotland ? There's an awful lot of SNP seats Labour could be reclaiming up there. If I was a Tory I'd be kacking my pants over the demise of Nicola, it could be letting Labour in by the back door so to speak.

You should never kick a man when he's down, but this guy just has, what has poor Jezza done to deserve this ?

"Oh, Jeremy Corbyn."

"Wracking my brain for a suitable quote to mark the effective end of the former Labour leader’s political career, I realised it had to be TS Eliot, who is – coincidentally, of course – renowned as an antisemite: ‘This is the way the world ends. This is the way the world ends. This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.’

There have been few more pathetic recent sights than the man who once had the crowds at Glastonbury chanting his name, angrily sneering at a TV reporter after she dared to ask him if he would be standing again in Islington North after being barred from standing for Labour.

The Corbyn temper is one of the wonders of Westminster. Ask him a question he doesn’t like and out it comes. If he needs to fundraise for his independent candidacy in Islington North he could always try marketing personalised snarls. I’d pay for one.

When Corbyn was elected Labour leader in 2015, he was an obscure figure for most people – other, of course, than the party members who turned to him in a fit of…well, just a fit. He and his acolytes are now back where they started, obscure non-entities with nothing to offer their true believers than stalls on the High Street peddling SWP-manque tracts.

Labour made Corbyn (for its sins) and Labour has now unmade him, his career ended, fittingly, through a vote by the NEC of the party he almost ended.

If you think that Corbyn will somehow have the last laugh and storm to victory as an independent in Islington North…I have a bridge to sell you. Corbyn’s ‘personal following’ amounts to his wife, some friends and a few wannabe media types who thought being a Corbynite would be their entry pass. They might as well have been on Russia Today, along with their hero."

I have no idea what the Labour Party stands for any more. Keir Starmer made sure on Tuesday that Jeremy Corbyn will not stand for Labour at the next general election.
    All he needed was for the party’s leading body, the National Executive Committee, to rubber stamp his ruling at the fear of individual expulsion from the party. Pad inked, rubber stamped and another Labour member is history.
    Starmer has nothing on Putin.
    I read yesterday 120,000 members of the Labour Party have chucked in their cards in the last 18 months.
    That's a lot of membership money flushed away.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    All very intriguing mon ami, but internal Labour Party politics is way beyond my pay grade. I just think, here we go again, the Left eats itself and leave them to it. Incidentally, when you're predicting Rishi for PM are you taking into account the potential implosion of the SNP up in Scotland ? There's an awful lot of SNP seats Labour could be reclaiming up there. If I was a Tory I'd be kacking my pants over the demise of Nicola, it could be letting Labour in by the back door so to speak.
    I think we might well witness another "Truss moment" up in Jockland sinkov. Let's hope so. I notice the eejit that is Starmer is not heading to Glasgow.

You should never kick a man when he's down, but this guy just has, what has poor Jezza done to deserve this ?

"Oh, Jeremy Corbyn."

"Wracking my brain for a suitable quote to mark the effective end of the former Labour leader’s political career, I realised it had to be TS Eliot, who is – coincidentally, of course – renowned as an antisemite: ‘This is the way the world ends. This is the way the world ends. This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.’

There have been few more pathetic recent sights than the man who once had the crowds at Glastonbury chanting his name, angrily sneering at a TV reporter after she dared to ask him if he would be standing again in Islington North after being barred from standing for Labour.

The Corbyn temper is one of the wonders of Westminster. Ask him a question he doesn’t like and out it comes. If he needs to fundraise for his independent candidacy in Islington North he could always try marketing personalised snarls. I’d pay for one.

When Corbyn was elected Labour leader in 2015, he was an obscure figure for most people – other, of course, than the party members who turned to him in a fit of…well, just a fit. He and his acolytes are now back where they started, obscure non-entities with nothing to offer their true believers than stalls on the High Street peddling SWP-manque tracts.

Labour made Corbyn (for its sins) and Labour has now unmade him, his career ended, fittingly, through a vote by the NEC of the party he almost ended.

If you think that Corbyn will somehow have the last laugh and storm to victory as an independent in Islington North…I have a bridge to sell you. Corbyn’s ‘personal following’ amounts to his wife, some friends and a few wannabe media types who thought being a Corbynite would be their entry pass. They might as well have been on Russia Today, along with their hero."
    Odd that. There were a couple of thousand people protesting in the streets of Islington yesterday. Corbyn may well win that seat as an Independent but what's the point?

If I was him I'd start supporting Palestine in full view of the media and the Israel friendly Jewish family man who is now doing his old job. Free Palestine!

Attachment 23859

Odd that. There were a couple of thousand people protesting in the streets of Islington yesterday. Corbyn may well win that seat as an Independent but what's the point?

If I was him I'd start supporting Palestine in full view of the media and the Israel friendly Jewish family man who is now doing his old job. Free Palestine!

Attachment 23859
    I think Jezza could well win, he has far more support than that hatchet job claims, but he won't help himself by advertising his anti-semitic credentials, the anti-semites are already on his side, he needs to attract support from decent people.

I think Jezza could well win, he has far more support than that hatchet job claims, but he won't help himself by advertising his anti-semitic credentials, the anti-semites are already on his side, he needs to attract support from decent people.
    Decent people would return Palestine to the Palestinians mon ami but decent people are in extremely short supply these days.

Attachment 23860

Corbyn was democratically elected leader by members of the Labour Party, all fair and above board and in accord with the Constitution. That set off a ****storm in the Labour Party, the Tory government and the media, especially, for whatever reason, at the BBC. The democratic decision of the members came under immediate and constant attack until they managed to overturn that democratic decision and get rid of him. Just how it was done I know not, I don't follow the internal machinations of the Labour Party very closely, BT will no doubt know.

Democracy my arse, Corbyn never had a chance.
    The reality...

Attachment 23861

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)