+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done James Maclean

Well done James Maclean

Just announced he is autistic. Well done James. Very brave. You are a great example of what can be achieved, despite this.

Another excuse for him to use when he’s being a ****.

All the best to his daughter though who has it

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Another excuse for him to use when he’s being a ****.
    it
    If someone on here was posting the same posts over and over and not explaining reasoning or progressing threads because of a learning difficulty or being on a spectrum, would you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Just announced he is autistic. Well done James. Very brave. You are a great example of what can be achieved, despite this.
    I don't know how having autism would stop you kicking a football around. Unless you've got dyspraxia as well, which he obviously hasn't.

Having worked with autistic
    te enagers for many years it wouldn't be the game of football that is problematic but the lifestyle around it .

My son is 28 years old this year and is autistic he’s never felt the need to announce to the world he is autistic
    What would be great is if people were made more aware of it and their understanding of people with autism
    On that score I don’t think Maclean is an ideal role model
    It’s a very complex thing to understand a lot of people watch Rain Man and think they are experts I’ve always said I’d love to spend 24 hours inside my sons head to get to know his thinking more I do feel lucky though as it is who he is and we love him just the same

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    My son is 28 years old this year and is autistic he’s never felt the need to announce to the world he is autistic
    What would be great is if people were made more aware of it and their understanding of people with autism
    It’s a very complex thing to understand a lot of people watch Rain Man and think they are experts I’ve always said I’d love to spend 24 hours inside my sons head to get to know his thinking more I do feel lucky though as it is who he is and we love him just the same
    Uttis, fantastic Fatherhood, proud of you man.

Well said mate.

Yes indeed

Another aspect of autism is that it’s a relatively new diagnosis for people. Probably always been in the human makeup but previously misunderstood and wrongly “ labelled”

Because of this being diagnosed as autistic tends to attract an undeserved negative attitude from others, yet some of the greatest minds in history were probably autistic, the likes of Newton, Einstein and Cavendish, maybe many more

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    If someone on here was posting the same posts over and over and not explaining reasoning or progressing threads because of a learning difficulty or being on a spectrum, would you say the same?
    Is that what he does?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast