+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Paul (Lily Savage) O’Grady

RIP Paul (Lily Savage) O’Grady

Can’t believe it, always seemed to brighten your day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65108130

First saw him at the Amsterdam bar in Huddersfield initially I thought it was a woman singing when I first walked in, and then he spoke! A very funny man indeed.

Once sketch I recall was on the ITV show at the side of the docks where Fred the weatherman use to jump across the floating map of the UK.

Paul had been travelling up from London on the train. Later he admitted having had a few 🍷 On the way up. On live TV outside they invited him to join them on a wine tasting session. Every glass he tried he drank it all then immediately tossed the glass over his shoulder into the water
    ….. hilarious at the time as it was live TV and they couldn’t stop him 🤣 🤣 A great entertainer who will be sadly missed RIP Paul.

Met him a few years ago when he was taking his dog for a walk. It was outside the council offices on the South Bank London ( near Tower Bridge)

We had just joined the queue at a mobile coffee bar and he joined the queue behind us. Unlike most of those living in London he started off a conversation about the weather ( very british) and when we replied he twigged that we were from " North of watford" as he called it and why we were daft enough to join the " mayhem" as he called it.

Nice bloke

He was a good human.

R. I. P. LILY

This is absolutely awful news. He was a great bloke and fellow dog lover and did loads of work for Battersea.
    He had suffered 3 heart attacks before and he said heart issues killed his mum and dad too.
    RIP Paul and deep condolences to his partner and other family & friends. A real one off. 💔