+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bajrami v Baldwin

Difficult call.
    Bajrami can be outstanding (distribution especially) but there is just the nagging doubt over that poor spell he had for a few games (perhaps it was something going on away from the club?)
    Baldwin has class and is far and away the fastest defender at the club. Got himself sent off though and gives it a lot to the ref. Also I seem to recall that when he came to Notts he had a bit of history with injuries.
    For the Wrexham game I would go Baldwin but only if he plays at least 60 minutes on Good Friday.
    What is Badjrami like to the left of the centre 3?

Baldwin - he's earned that
    Still think Baj can play wide in the defence if needed.
    Also, god forbid, if we lost Palmer for the play-offs...Baj is the only option to play with Bostock in CM, IMO (we couldn't just have JOB & JB in a Wembley game, it could look like Harrogate all over again) and rather Baj than recall Francis.

Badger is a very important player in the squad

Another way to approach questions like this is what would the opposition want? A few would want Baldwin with hopes of 'getting at him', most wouldn't though, they'd be more scared of how he's the starting point for our passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Baldwin - he's earned that
    Still think Baj can play wide in the defence if needed.
    Also, god forbid, if we lost Palmer for the play-offs...Baj is the only option to play with Bostock in CM, IMO (we couldn't just have JOB & JB in a Wembley game, it could look like Harrogate all over again) and rather Baj than recall Francis.

Badger is a very important player in the squad

Another way to approach questions like this is what would the opposition want? A few would want Baldwin with hopes of 'getting at him', most wouldn't though, they'd be more scared of how he's the starting point for our passing game.
    I think Francis would be back with the club after the last match of the normal season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I think Francis would be back with the club after the last match of the normal season.
    Oh right, looks like he's been doing well there - plays 90 and they've been getting results.

Baj has been excellent of late but LW has to make a decision probably more related to the occasion than the game. It’s going to be cauldron on Easter Monday and as they say play the game not the occasion and he needs to pick who he thinks will cope.
    I’m assuming Rawlinson will stay at RCB and with recent form and the ariel bombardment that might be the right decision but on the flip side Brindley is better at keeping possession and not giving away throws which obviously will be a challenge when they get them, who’d be a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Baj has been excellent of late but LW has to make a decision probably more related to the occasion than the game. It’s going to be cauldron on Easter Monday and as they say play the game not the occasion and he needs to pick who he thinks will cope.
    I’m assuming Rawlinson will stay at RCB and with recent form and the ariel bombardment that might be the right decision but on the flip side Brindley is better at keeping possession and not giving away throws which obviously will be a challenge when they get them, who’d be a manager.
    Brindley is another one who needs 60 minutes on Good Friday.

I would play him in place of Bostock to add some aggression to the midfield..

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    About sums it up I suppose, I’d be happy with either too….it’s a headache for LW though with two massive games over Easter. It’d be unfair to drop Baj now for Wealdstone but you’d also want Baldwin to have some game time before Wrexham. I think I’d stick with Bajrami, he seems more of a physical presence and more capable of the bombardment Wrexham will throw at us.

That being said, I think I’d stick with Mair as well, he also has had physical presence Slocombe and Brooks don’t have.
    Sums up the weird and wonderful world of football. Prior to Slocombe's recent injury nobody would have expected to read at the end of March that a supporter believes Mair should start between the sticks if all 3 available.

In fact it wasn't too long ago at all that having Mair at the club was being openly questioned. What's the point? Do we really need 3 keepers? Etc

I think Baldwin just edges it for me but I’d like to see his decision making improve at times.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    In fact it wasn't too long ago at all that having Mair at the club was being openly questioned. What's the point? Do we really need 3 keepers? Etc
    When did we have 3 keepers? When Mair came Young had gone back to Leicester, and Brooks was out on loan so not in any first team plans. Unless I've forgotten someone, we've had Slocombe and a loanee as cover.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast