+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bajrami v Baldwin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bajrami v Baldwin

I expect Baldwin to return to the starting 11 when he is fit but Bajrami has been quality since his ‘nightmare’ 45 v Bromley and is only getting better. I don’t feel nervous with him plying that position whereas Baldwin always has that one episode a game where he does something random…..

Does Baldwin walk back into this current side?

Yes.

Bajrami had a purple patch around Sep/Oct, then was very indifferent and to some poor for a lengthy period. He's recently come in when needed and has been "quality" as you say. However Baldwin has been 'quality' in far more games than the Baj, this season so when fully fit Alec plays. Well if I was the head coach he would anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I expect Baldwin to return to the starting 11 when he is fit but Bajrami has been quality since his ‘nightmare’ 45 v Bromley and is only getting better. I don’t feel nervous with him plying that position whereas Baldwin always has that one episode a game where he does something random…..

Does Baldwin walk back into this current side?
    In that game at Bromley Bajrami played on the right side of the back three with Rawlinson in the middle. They swapped places after Baldwin was out injured and Bajrami has looked twice the player in the centre. Difficult choice, I'd be happy with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In that game at Bromley Bajrami played on the right side of the back three with Rawlinson in the middle. They swapped places after Baldwin was out injured and Bajrami has looked twice the player in the centre. Difficult choice, I'd be happy with either.
    Exactly this, one of the very few occasions LW got it wrong, should have played Baj in the middle against Bromley, don't think he'd have suffered like he did had he been central, much more comfortable for him. That said both he and Baldwin have positive attributes the other doesn't but at the moment I would argue Baj's place is his to lose, like with Mair.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    About sums it up I suppose, I’d be happy with either too….it’s a headache for LW though with two massive games over Easter. It’d be unfair to drop Baj now for Wealdstone but you’d also want Baldwin to have some game time before Wrexham. I think I’d stick with Bajrami, he seems more of a physical presence and more capable of the bombardment Wrexham will throw at us.

That being said, I think I’d stick with Mair as well, he also has had physical presence Slocombe and Brooks don’t have.

Baj has been excellent of late but LW has to make a decision probably more related to the occasion than the game. It’s going to be cauldron on Easter Monday and as they say play the game not the occasion and he needs to pick who he thinks will cope.
    I’m assuming Rawlinson will stay at RCB and with recent form and the ariel bombardment that might be the right decision but on the flip side Brindley is better at keeping possession and not giving away throws which obviously will be a challenge when they get them, who’d be a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Baj has been excellent of late but LW has to make a decision probably more related to the occasion than the game. It’s going to be cauldron on Easter Monday and as they say play the game not the occasion and he needs to pick who he thinks will cope.
    I’m assuming Rawlinson will stay at RCB and with recent form and the ariel bombardment that might be the right decision but on the flip side Brindley is better at keeping possession and not giving away throws which obviously will be a challenge when they get them, who’d be a manager.
    Brindley is another one who needs 60 minutes on Good Friday.

I would play him in place of Bostock to add some aggression to the midfield..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would play him in place of Bostock to add some aggression to the midfield..
    I really don’t get comments like this. More aggression? To deal with the 25-30% of the game we don’t have the ball.
    We all know you don’t rate Bostock, I dont rate comments like this as it completely goes against the grain with how we play. Bostock is tidy in possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I really don’t get comments like this. More aggression? To deal with the 25-30% of the game we don’t have the ball.
    We all know you don’t rate Bostock, I dont rate comments like this as it completely goes against the grain with how we play. Bostock is tidy in possession.
    Had to laugh last night when the old ‘get into ‘em, **** ‘em up’ chant got an airing as we put together about five minutes of constant possession. Get into what, exactly!?!

On the question, Baldwin just, but they’re both good. I hope we decide Baj is a centre back though and let him develop there rather than a utility player who we move about, I think he’s too good for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast