+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shovelling water off the pitch.....Cheltenham v Weds

Shovelling water off the pitch.....Cheltenham v Weds

That's a new description but true! Giddings commentating at Cheltenham tonight has just said they are 'shovelling' water off the pitch. Using 'snow' shovels they are actually doing this now.

Apparently it's been pouring it down all afternoon and the current weather forecast has dropped form 100% down to 90% to continue raining.

Let's hope Cardiff don't get wind of this or they might try to prove it's a South Yorkshire conspiracy that we have the rain follow us or pour down on us to get games called off.

Is it too late to send our expert water squeegy boys down there to help them out?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Is it too late to send our expert water squeegy boys down there to help them out?
    ....it does look bad though, the ball isn't bouncing and is only rolling a very short space. Cheltenham commentators don't like it and want the rain to stop or they may be issues...

It's absolutely tipping it down. Can't see the game getting finished if this keeps up. The ball is already holding up and not bouncing in places!

It may be tipping down but Cheltenham have managed to get 4 shots off in the first 10 minutes!

Rain forecast for Hull on Saturday. Might pack my sou'wester and portable squeegee just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    If Cheltenham go a goal down I see no reason at all to not put the sprinklers on at half time. Perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    If Cheltenham go a goal down I see no reason at all to not put the sprinklers on at half time. Perfectly acceptable.
    I wonder if they have a sprinkler system? If they resort to hose pipes, that might arouse suspicion!

Wednesday look like they might score any minute, Smudge was unlucky a minute ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Wednesday look like they might score any minute, Smudge was unlucky a minute ago.
    Well it’s Cheltenham score first 1-0.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast