+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott MOTD

Boycott MOTD

Nuff Said.

Gary has my support.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Nuff Said.

Gary has my support.
    ...and mine. People can choose to agree with him or otherwise, but his opinion wasn’t offensive and I can’t understand why he is being made to step down.

Wright and Shearer have told the BBC they won't be on this weekend, good on ya.

Like everyone in this country, he has the right to an opinion.
    His conflict comes from his affiliation with the BBC.
    The BBC is supposed to be impartial funded by a tax. His comments (not for the first time cause offence)
    Now considering - Morgan/Rowling/Cleese/ Clarkson got canceleld by their comments, what makes Lineker bulletproof?

They are left with-
    1.sack him, he's free to post what he likes on social media
    2. Scrap the license and make it a free speech platform
    3. he stays and keeps his opinions to himself whilst employed by the BBC

Had he worked for the Police/NHS/Prison service/ Fire brigade/Armed forces and many others, he'd have been sacked on the spot.

He hasn;t been sacked yet, he's being sat down and has to decide with his options on the table.

NB- Shearer and Wright are leaving themselves wide open for dismissal by refusing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Like everyone in this country, he has the right to an opinion.
    His conflict comes from his affiliation with the BBC.
    The BBC is supposed to be impartial funded by a tax. His comments (not for the first time cause offence)
    Now considering - Morgan/Rowling/Cleese/ Clarkson got canceleld by their comments, what makes Lineker bulletproof?

They are left with-
    1.sack him, he's free to post what he likes on social media
    2. Scrap the license and make it a free speech platform
    3. he stays and keeps his opinions to himself whilst employed by the BBC

Had he worked for the Police/NHS/Prison service/ Fire brigade/Armed forces and many others, he'd have been sacked on the spot.

He hasn;t been sacked yet, he's being sat down and has to decide with his options on the table.

NB- Shearer and Wright are leaving themselves wide open for dismissal by refusing to work.
    I thought Clarkson got sacked for punching a producer when some food didn’t arrive on time. Has Cleese ever been sacked by the BBC? Thought they’d just fallen out, so hardly comparable. Don’t know about the other two.

Neither do I agree that anyone in the services you describe would have been ‘sacked on the spot’ for offering an opinion on our handling of refugees/boat people/migrants (whatever you prefer to call them). Where is your evidence for that?

I understand Alex Scott has ruled herself out of stepping in for Lineker. Thank God for that, she's living proof of the decline in the art of commentary/punditry (and O/T game show hosting)

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Nuff Said.

Gary has my support.
    I admire your passion Sith but its a bit like folk saying they'd leave UK if wevoted to leave EU, when it all comes down to it 99% of people who say they won't watch actually will.

Not doubting your personal resolve

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I thought Clarkson got sacked for punching a producer when some food didn’t arrive on time. Has Cleese ever been sacked by the BBC? Thought they’d just fallen out, so hardly comparable. Don’t know about the other two.

Neither do I agree that anyone in the services you describe would have been ‘sacked on the spot’ for offering an opinion on our handling of refugees/boat people/migrants (whatever you prefer to call them). Where is your evidence for that?
    You're thinking too much about BBC only RA.
    Clarkson for example was hounded out by Markels complaints, for his remark about a game of thrones scene for her.

As for my eveidence, have a look at contracts about bringing a service into disrepute and causing harm/embarressment to that service.
    I deinitely had that very clause in my contract whilst seconded to to an HMP

You are ex Education, I'll wager my goldfish you had one in there.
    His opinion on migrants went beyond an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I understand Alex Scott has ruled herself out of stepping in for Lineker. Thank God for that, she's living proof of the decline in the art of commentary/punditry (and O/T game show hosting)
    really?

Here you go RA, first thing I searched-

Education

The consequences

Putting losing your job to one side, there can be even more serious consequences to indiscreet or inappropriate social media usage.

The professional disciplinary bodies that regulate teachers, such as the Teaching Regulation Agency in England, are known to take forward cases in respect of teachers perceived to have misused social media. This can result in protracted legal proceedings before the regulator, during which time the teacher may find it difficult to maintain or secure employment, and it could result in a prohibition from teaching.

Usefully, the Welsh teaching regulator, the Education Workforce Council, has produced good practice guidance setting out its expectations regarding the use of social media (EWC, 2016).

Furthermore, a teacher whose use of social media is alleged to amount to a safeguarding breach may face referral to the Disclosure and Barring Service, where that breach meets the threshold. If the DBS concludes the concerns are well-founded, this could result in the teacher being added to the Barred Lists, which would prevent them from working with children and/or vulnerable adults.

Clearly the worst-case scenario would be where a teacher’s behaviour on social media towards a pupil is considered to potentially amount to a criminal offence, such as grooming or evidence that there may have been an abuse of their position of trust. Even if not proven, this could result in damaging information being included in a teacher’s enhanced disclosure certificate.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)