+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back is Back.

Back is Back.

Could prove to be a very useful addition at this stage of the season.

Seems really pleased to be here as well.

Welcome back Fin.

https://twitter.com/FinbackNFFC/stat...43645716791296

We've got Macaulay Langstaff,if he scores a goal on Easter Friday next week he breaks the National League record of 40 goals in one season,be thankful that we didn't get promoted last season otherwise Carlisle would be a place lower in League Two

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    We've got Macaulay Langstaff,if he scores a goal on Easter Friday next week he breaks the National League record of 40 goals in one season,be thankful that we didn't get promoted last season otherwise Carlisle would be a place lower in League Two
    He is having an incredible season and was a great signing for you Chalky.

Bearing in mind he was playing relatively locally for Gateshead with Cedwyn Scott (who Carlisle released after having on trial for 6 months) you would think the Carlisle scouting network might have spotted his potential.

Having said that, maybe the £50,000 that Notts County paid was beyond Carlisle's financial resources.

As well as a reluctance to speculate to accumulate, our Board also has a track record of selling promising players too quickly, before they have had the opportunity to show their true footballing potential/worth.

If Langstaff had been playing for Carlisle he would almost certainly have been sold in the January transfer window.

He really is a fantastic footballer howoldboy,he's a League One player now minimum and he will play in the Championship at this rate,he got spotted by our owners company Football Radar among others so maybe the Carlisle scouts had seen him but the club was unwilling to pay the £50k, Langstaff aside we've got a great team this year, probably the best that I've seen in 20 years so it's not just a one man show,if Wrexham hadn't had an obscene amount of money pumped into it we would have been promoted by now but instead it will be them,I fear the playoffs,on paper we should go up comfortably but when did the form book ever get it right in knockouts
    Langstaff won't be at Notts in May whether we get promoted or not,bigger clubs have been seen sniffing around,only 1 of his 40 goals have come from the penalty spot so imagine his goal tally if he had been our penalty taker

Back is back.
    Anyone else singing "I want my baby back'.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Back is back.
    Everyone apart from The Shadows.

Los Bravos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkgyV_tTQfQ

La Belle Epoque - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNXTHu_pYQM

Shadows - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkDPzvb46Po

Bought the La Belle Epoque version many moons ago when they used to play it to death at the Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Back is back.
    Nope but I did get Back in Black rattling in my head 🤘

Any Winehouse's Back to Black is a great album

Grrrrr…..

Back in Black is one, if not top the all time best selling albums..

AC/DC 💙

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)