+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If we are in the play offs !?

If we are in the play offs !?

Having read ncfcog excellent post I was of the thought that if we are involved in the play offs, should we save a substitution spot in case it goes to penalties. Assuming we play slocombe should we then bring on Mair or Brooks for any potential penalty shoot out..?
    Having seen how Mair fills the goal and has saved a penalty the other night I would opt for him if a situation arose...!?
    Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Having read ncfcog excellent post I was of the thought that if we are involved in the play offs, should we save a substitution spot in case it goes to penalties. Assuming we play slocombe should we then bring on Mair or Brooks for any potential penalty shoot out..?
    Having seen how Mair fills the goal and has saved a penalty the other night I would opt for him if a situation arose...!?
    Just a thought...
    Didn't Chelsea do that against Liverpool in one of the cup finals? I don't think it worked for them though. Definitely worth some consideration though as it did work for them earlier in a Super Cup game.

I

I believe Holland did it in a World Cup shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I believe Holland did it in a World Cup shootout.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMF6...b_channel=FIFA

Would we really want to detract from our outfield play by having to save a sub just in case it goes to pens? I can't see LW even contemplating it as an option to be fair.

It's a very good idea

I would definitely have a goalkeeper on the bench in one off games.

I almost rather have Ruben in goal rather than Sam for penalties. He's got the Shiltons when it comes to penalties

We won't need penalties so not an option, (taps wood)

I'd like to think if all do their duty as they have done this season and play to their best then we will not need extra time or penalties regardless of the opposition.

We have to be confident. There is a lot of talent and quality in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I'd like to think if all do their duty as they have done this season and play to their best then we will not need extra time or penalties regardless of the opposition.

We have to be confident. There is a lot of talent and quality in this team.
    We are Notts County, MM, and for all of our quality over the years we have not had the rub of the green. Look at the playoff against Cov. We deserved victory that day but by a host of circumstances and crap reffing we lost our chance to move upwards and how that was to cost us in the following years.
    I think that for all its quality our chaps will need a huge crowd presence to see us through - it's worth a goal inits own right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast