+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Throw me a line I'm sinking fast

Throw me a line I'm sinking fast

Big game Saturday for Torquay after getting an away win midweek, six pointer against S****horpe.
    I'm hoping Torquay win, like to see them stay up, good weekender.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-03-2023 at 05:57 PM.

You stay at the Roxy ?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Big game Saturday for Torquay after getting an away win midweek, six pointer against S****horpe.
    Hopefully they will need a point or 3 on the last game to stay up!!! That way, Torquay fans will be out in there numbers and Wrexham fans won’t have the chance to infiltrate the home end and buy the lions share of tickets.

100% need them to get a win as if they need something on the last game of the season, absolutely no team would fancy going there.

I see the Wrexham fans are moaning that they're not getting over 4000 tickets for the game as Torquay only get about 2500 at home games.

I remember going to Torguay last game of the Munto promotion season.

I agree and really hoping they stay up but we don’t need to go for the weekend next year (unless we get them in the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I see the Wrexham fans are moaning that they're not getting over 4000 tickets for the game as Torquay only get about 2500 at home games.

I remember going to Torguay last game of the Munto promotion season.
    Great season, obviously.
    Dull final game, as dishwater.
    Very memorable, and lubricated Saturday night in the pubs, bars and a nightclub in Torquay took over by magpies.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I agree and really hoping they stay up but we don’t need to go for the weekend next year (unless we get them in the FA Cup.
    Don't do it !

I said this to my Dad a few weeks back. We were looking through fixtures and I ear marked the Torquay away as a potential stumbling block for Wrexham, providing they still have something to play for. We've been Torquay fans ever since!!

Although, I've almost just ran out of energy with it all now. It almost feels like a 'what will be will be' scenario with the title. It's just so crazy, that wasting energy on hoping for little things like 'a Mullin injury' or a 'Torquay revival' dont even seem to matter. Wrexham just do what they do anyway and so do we.
    Both teams should just be applauded and crack on, rather than all this ****e on social media that I see. (You know who you are Twitter person 'Notts County Zone'.) Embarrassing.

Totally get you manc, I feel a calmness about it now like I've surrendered to the moment, I think due to lukes post match Barnet interview. Brilliant 👏