+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow

Tony Stewart visited the #Macedonia's second-tier club, FC Voska and the city of Ohrid in a bid to establish first contact for possible future partnership between the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Tony Stewart visited the #Macedonia's second-tier club, FC Voska and the city of Ohrid in a bid to establish first contact for possible future partnership between the clubs.
    I wish he had visited Madrid instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I wish he had visited Madrid instead.

So d I but you never know what gem they might find there

So that’s overseas training camp then?

It’s a bit off of that website to say the place he visited was Ohrid
    I’m sure parts of North Macedonia are lovely

The city of Ohrid through the connections of Voska Sport Football Club, namely the owner Nefi Useini, becomes attractive for foreign investments in football, infrastructure and business.

The owner of the English team that plays in the Championship, Rotherham United, Tony Stewart, spent a few days visiting the owner of FC Voska Sport, Nefi Useini, while exploring the city of Ohrid and its tourist and sports infrastructure capacities, the possibility of visiting of eventual cooperation in the future.

After the famous former English footballer Brian Deane who stayed in Ohrid some time ago, now the arrival of the owner of Rotherham United, Tony Stewart makes FC Voska Sport an open address for cooperation in the future and all this thanks to mutual friends at the head with Frančesko Murseli from Kosovo with residence and activity in Norway.

Tony Stewart: "I think this is a very good opportunity and it is a fact that I have come to see Voska and the owner. He is doing really good work for Voska. I have been in football for 15 years, he is already 5 years. We are talking and I have invited him to come to the UK to see our stadium and see if there is an opportunity to move forward."

Tony Stewart: "I think I can see that within five years Voska has been able to become a club that people here in Macedonia take seriously. I think that investments are being made thanks to the commitment of a good businessman. I have seen the training fields and I know that the future is good for Voska. And that's good for Macedonia too, so I'm looking forward to working with that. If we see each other more often, he's coming to Rotherham soon, we can certainly get things going."

Tony Stewart: "Today, Voska is a team that has progressed and moved forward. As you said I am 15 years in Rotherham. We started from the bottom and now we are in the Championship working hard to reach the Premier League and as we know it is a big goal. So I would say that we will work together. Because we really had a great time in Macedonia. The people have been wonderful. I have to admit that, because it's been a really good experience and I think as fans we're going to work together. And who knows in the future we may have some development partnership for both teams.”

Tony Stewart: “I think in many perspectives. It's my first time in Macedonia, I liked what I saw. And I look forward to being associated with this place because I liked the people, I liked what I saw, and I'm going to say positive things and I think we're going to do business moving forward."

Tony Stewart: “I was five days and I'm sure I'll come again. I've seen welcome, I've seen two-way equality and I haven't seen anything different, which is the same as in Great Britain. I have seen people who want to do good things. But what I have seen in Macedonia is the development and I think this is a wonderful city. I think about the spaces I've seen and traveled to and I think it's an exciting place. There is a desire for development and to make the country active in the world market, not only in the European market. As I said I am delighted with the hospitality, good value for money. And in my country I will tell people that if you want to have a vacation and you want your money's worth on that vacation, this is the place to go."

If this Nefi Useini then I think TS should maybe reconsider asking him for investment.

Notorious Ohrid boss Nefi Useini and his brother turned themselves in to the police after spending several days as fugitives.

The two are charged with assaulting a man from Ohrid and pulling a gun on his 14 year old son as they intervened in a land dispute the man had with oligarch Zore Temelkovski. While Useini was in hiding, the attacked man, Spiro Topaloski, changed his testimony and said that he imagined the entire incident.

Useini, who is the head of the DUI party branch in Ohrid and a member of the Ohrid city council, is notorious for his violent outbursts and illegal construction across the protected historic city.
    https://english.republika.mk/news/ma...to-the-police/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12