+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another example of what PL clubs get away with

Another example of what PL clubs get away with

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65131177

I know that in theory they can service the debt but how can it be good practice to allow this then at the same time penalise smaller clubs for having tax bills that pale into insignificance compared to these debts?

After 18 Yes Eight**n! years of Glazer ownership under the protection of the PL the debt burden at Old Trafford is still going up. The greed and mismanagement in the PL has been so often exposed that it is no wonder they do not wish a Regulator to start poking his nose in. Meanwhile smaller clubs keystones of their community have gone to the wall. It is time for change!

It makes our debt look like pocket change. How are United not getting the same focus as Everton?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 31-03-2023 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It makes out debt look like pocket change.
    I'm sure you were telling us a couple of weeks ago that we'd paid our debt off. So which is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm sure you were telling us a couple of weeks ago that we'd paid our debt off. So which is it ?
    Who knows sinkov? Furthermore who gives a $hit, the mountain of EPL lucre is just weeks away.

Post #3. I knew you would bite, you can't resist a little nibble can you?

Attachment 23868
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 31-03-2023 at 09:21 AM.

What's the invalid attachment BT, worth nibbling?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    What's the invalid attachment BT, worth nibbling?
    That's me casting one for sinkov k_c. He took the bait, I'm just reeling him in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That's me casting one for sinkov k_c. He took the bait, I'm just reeling him in right now.
    I'm still waiting for a comment about the misinformation 'semi official sources' were putting out about the identity of the club's auditors. You went quiet on that one mon ami, anything to say yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm still waiting for a comment about the misinformation 'semi official sources' were putting out about the identity of the club's auditors. You went quiet on that one mon ami, anything to say yet ?
    I'll be honest sinkov, the wound in the gut threw me a bit of a curve ball and I'm nowhere near on top form yet.

Also, I supposed there would be some urgency shown by the Turf Moor hierarchy to address the EFL embargo but I see little evidence of it.

My mate on the inside says there seems to be little sense of urgency because the club will soon be working under the auspices of the EPL and are focussing their attention on being 100% shipshape for that imminent scrutiny.

I would expect fully audited accounts to be presented anytime soon, would you?

Due out next month I think.

Just to remind you, the info you posted from Matelot, which I'm sure he passed on in good faith, said that club insiders claimed the accounts problems were due to the club's American auditors being unfamiliar with the British way of doing things. But the club's accounts show that the auditor's are a British company, HQ in London, local office in Haslingden.

Just WTF is going on, when club insiders are lying about the identity of the club's auditors ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)