+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship Prize money etc

Championship Prize money etc

I believe that the actual figure for winning the League is relatively very small.Anyone know the figure?

TV money in the EPL is huge but it does prompt the question of why they can't set up their own Company and negotiate
    their own deals rather than relying on Sky etc or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I believe that the actual figure for winning the League is relatively very small.Anyone know the figure?

TV money in the EPL is huge but it does prompt the question of why they can't set up their own Company and negotiate
    I have heard this morning that there is a possibility that the PL may well form their own Broadcasting Unit and do their own games, watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post

The prize money on offer in the Championship is comparatively little barrie, with the Clarets expected to pick up around £100,000, and the second placed team £50,000.

Of course the real lucre is being back in the EPL and Supersub6 is 100% correct, SKY, Viaplay and BT are getting binned by the EPL ASAP and they are brokering their own global TV deal. Loads-a-money!

Attachment 23961

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I have heard this morning that there is a possibility that the PL may well form their own Broadcasting Unit and do their own games, watch this space.
    IMHO Ashy,That's just a threat to up their payment from sky..there's no way sky can manage without their beloved Premier league programme. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    IMHO Ashy,That's just a threat to up their payment from sky..there's no way sky can manage without their beloved Premier league programme. ��
    Beware of the European Super League rearing is ugly head once again and Sky being involved with that. Greed rules and the powers that be in Europe would welcome this if their palms are crossed with lots of silver.

Simon Jordan was pushing it in his Mail column this morning, it's such an obvious road to go down I've no idea why they haven't done it before. When United were originally floated on the Stock Exchange, the prospectus envisaged showing their games worldwide on their own TV channel, the potential revenue streams were huge, I bought some shares on the strength of it. Never happened, it was an idea before it's time, still made decent money on the shares though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)