+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire service

Back in the day we had a cook at our Fire Station who gave as good as she got, if you went into the kitchen in the morning and said, 'Good morning L******', her standard response would be '**** off out of my kitchen w@nker'. No one bat an eyelid, we got on well with her, she got on well with us. I honestly feel sorry for the poor buggers in the Fire Service and Police these days, just political footballs.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Back in the day we had a cook at our Fire Station who gave as good as she got, if you went into the kitchen in the morning and said, 'Good morning L******', her standard response would be '**** off out of my kitchen w@nker'. No one bat an eyelid, we got on well with her, she got on well with us. I honestly feel sorry for the poor buggers in the Fire Service and Police these days, just political footballs.
    It's when Police Officers rape and murder women it gets serious mon ami but I've no recollection of ever seeing a Fire Officer in the dock for assaulting a woman with his hose.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's when Police Officers rape and murder women it gets serious mon ami but I've no recollection of ever seeing a Fire Officer in the dock for assaulting a woman with his hose.
    And you won't mon ami, they are treated with kid gloves, as are members of minorities.

And you won't mon ami, they are treated with kid gloves, as are members of minorities.
    I'm trying to understand what you mean with this statement mon ami?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm trying to understand what you mean with this statement mon ami?
    I mean you don't touch them, you don't cross them, you don't upset them. If you want a prolonged career in the Fire Service, you stay friendly but respectful.

Exactly.....Sinkov, they bundle a "profession".....but it comes down to individual personality/mental condition, which includes the mindset of the receiver...but if these reports are to be believed, nutters are the majority......which I seriously doubt, much like when a few football supporters shout something daft and millions of others are made out to have something in common, because they were in the vicinity or support the same game - why is that not discrimination ?

and the guy in the Bullshlit Corp link, served 21 years in the brigade and retired some 6 months ago, in all that time, I'd like to know , how many complaints he made....he doesn't say.

I mean you don't touch them, you don't cross them, you don't upset them. If you want a prolonged career in the Fire Service, you stay friendly but respectful.
    With you now.

I really cannot be arsed to waste my time reading this report, but is it a new one ? I'm sure I read a report on similar lines not that long ago. That really was a load of garbage, which is why I've no time to waste reading this one, it may even be the same one.

I really cannot be arsed to waste my time reading this report, but is it a new one ? I'm sure I read a report on similar lines not that long ago. That really was a load of garbage, which is why I've no time to waste reading this one, it may even be the same one.
    Banal bluster mon ami. Leave it where it belongs in the trash bin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)