+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Morecambe

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Morecambe

We need to bounce back tomorrow after the Exeter defeat and this game provides the perfect opportunity to do so .

I could be wrong but I reckon they may be some changes tomorrow afternoon with Duff having one eye on the Easter campaign next weekend .

Whatever team Duff selects it should have more than enough to see off Morecambe and I suspect Duff will be thinking along those lines .

Tedic , Watters and Luke Thomas to start the game along with Cundy who may nudge out Liam Kitching .

Same team for me , one bad result in thir**** does not warrant wholesale changes ,although I do not see our opponents being too open & it could take patience to break them down , I am going for a 2 v 0 result ,but not one for the purist

I think this has got to be a win again, even if its a scrap of a game and a 1-0!.
    The key though, is next week with the Easter games.

I was thinking along the same lines as animal, I think he will not make wholesale changes though, just one in each line.
    I think Cundy will definitely start because of the knock Kitching took at Exeter, I also think Benson could come in to give Connell a rest and I can see Watters replacing Norwood.
    In Duff we trust……..

Get an early goal today and these will crumble.

The ideal result would be an unspectacular, routine win 2-0 or 3-1, as with the other home games against teams in or near the relegation zone.

The main difference is that players in these teams are now feyting for next season's wages and paying the mortgage so it could well be hard work and tough to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Get an early goal today and these will crumble.
    I agree.Don`t want to sound complacent but if we get a quick one,we`ll get 3 or 4

Yes I think getting a quick first goal today is key otherwise we might start to rush things like we did against Exeter.
    I tend to agree with perky that it would be good to give 1 or 2 a rest but I think I'd do this by making early subs. Kitching may be a necessary change though.

Drop the hoofball approach and we’ll have a better chance.

My thinking with regard to some changes today is the fact that the game today is very much a squad game and with the margins so tight the players energy levels have to come in to consideration .

In my opinion we now have a stronger squad which we didn't have pre xmas where Duff's options were limited to say the least .

The changes today wouldn't be a reflection on the Exeter defeat but more in keeping players fresh and at 100% with the season now approaching the critical part .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast