+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely schite

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Come on gentlemen please ?

Very rarely do teams just go on and on and on winning without a blip of some sort , we had several injured players back
    In the starting line up , and more than several travelling half way around the world to get back to play a game.

We were slow in approach and a bit off it tonight but with balance I think it’s a little unfair to throw some of the comments on here tonight on various posts.

They like us are just human , sometimes stuff goes wrong.

On another day we could have scored 4 footballs like that ( I’m sure you all
    Played and can remember- sometimes it just doesn’t happen no matter how you try )

Positive is we have a full squad and injured players back with game time in their legs, we’re a very good side and Kompany will sort out the issues in tonight’s game.

Keep The Faith.
    More or less what I said in post #5 army88, glad we can agree for once.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Nottingham Forest have gone BIG to the tune of 150 million plus and may well find themselves being relegated with a whole heap of problems if they do drop back down to the EFL. We have deficiencies and I am sure there are plans to add some additional quality particularly in midfield and attack for next season. We were sloppy against Sunderland and did not deserve more than a point. Middlesbrough will need to beat us and that may well suit us more.
    Two names are jumping off the page at present Sir Outwood, the Swede from Coventry and a fully paid up German international midfielder from Borussia Monchengladbach. Total cost £40 million. VK wants to keep THB, Beyer, Maatsen and Tella on permanent deals that's another £60 million.

I sincerely hope Mr Pace has deep pockets and a pair of rather large cojones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It really was not dross sinkov. A reality check for Alan Pace perhaps, if we are to survive for just one season he will have to spend BIG.
    Imo it really was dross, I know the way they want to play the game, but it was frustrating to see the number of times the preferred option was to play the ball back or sideways WHEN a forward pass or move was on. I love the way we can open teams up with the slow, slow, quick, quick, slow method, but last night apart from two or three occasions it was slow, slow, slow, slow, slow. Sunderland coped admirably, we rarely troubled them, and it was telling that it was them, not us, dominating the ball in the last five minutes, and although it's not really fair to single out players, I will anyway, when we got near their box, Benson and Zaroury, for the most part, were appalling.

I wasn't there,I watched it on the box.However I think some of you are being unduly harsh.We were not at our best but I didn't see
    any lack of effort.It was just one of those games when it wasn't our night.We didn't lose,get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I wasn't there,I watched it on the box.However I think some of you are being unduly harsh.We were not at our best but I didn't see
    any lack of effort.It was just one of those games when it wasn't our night.We didn't lose,get over it.
    We made several seasons of success with their tactics yesterday and it was perfectly acceptable to us.

People have short memories of how we survived and to top all that they’re no a bad side , if we’d scored it would have been a different game - longer it went with us wasting chances more encouraging it was for them, even at the after match interviews , they were more than happy getting a point at Turf Moor.

As you say Barry just not our day

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

As you say Barry just not our day
    It tends not to be your day when you play way below your usual standard, and that was way below our usual standard. I've seen numerous games live this season, and apart from the Sheff U debacle I've enjoyed them all, I didn't enjoy last night, I was bored witless.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It tends not to be your day when you play way below your usual standard, and that was way below our usual standard. I've seen numerous games live this season, and apart from the Sheff U debacle I've enjoyed them all, I didn't enjoy last night, I was bored witless.
    The Sunderland lads are in the main quite young and pressed and pressed and pressed again. After 70 minutes Mowbray chucked another 5 on and they pressed and pressed and pressed again.

Normally after 70 minutes the opposition are knackered and we roll them over. Not this time, Mowbray had a game plan and it was executed perfectly.

I'd take their goalkeeper and Clarke in a heartbeat, two belting young players there.

Maybe I was a tad harsh 😁,just a heat of the moment post.I suppose we are allowed one poor game a season .Somehow we managed a point out of it as well.Great result. 👍🤣

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Maybe I was a tad harsh ��,just a heat of the moment post.I suppose we are allowed one poor game a season .Somehow we managed a point out of it as well.Great result. ����
    You are forgiven Alfie, I experienced the exact post-match meltdown after we got trounced at the Etihad a fortnight ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Sunderland lads are in the main quite young and pressed and pressed and pressed again. After 70 minutes Mowbray chucked another 5 on and they pressed and pressed and pressed again.

Normally after 70 minutes the opposition are knackered and we roll them over. Not this time, Mowbray had a game plan and it was executed perfectly.

I'd take their goalkeeper and Clarke in a heartbeat, two belting young players there.
    Totally agree, Sunderland played well, in the tactical battle, Mowbray outplayed Vinni, his team were one step ahead for most of the night and we didn't have an answer. All credit to them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)