+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Absolutely schite

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It tends not to be your day when you play way below your usual standard, and that was way below our usual standard. I've seen numerous games live this season, and apart from the Sheff U debacle I've enjoyed them all, I didn't enjoy last night, I was bored witless.
    I’d didn’t say it was to our usual standard Sinkov , but as per my first post and I’m sure you will have experienced it yourself, sometimes as hard as you d like to try it doesn’t happen - unfortunately for us that was several players all at once.

I’m sure we’ll be back at it - Boro won’t sit in that’s for sure or Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’d didn’t say it was to our usual standard Sinkov , but as per my first post and I’m sure you will have experienced it yourself, sometimes as hard as you d like to try it doesn’t happen - unfortunately for us that was several players all at once.

I’m sure we’ll be back at it - Boro won’t sit in that’s for sure or Utd.
    I think we can agree army it wasn't up to our usual standard, but me and one or two others seem to be getting criticised because we're pointing this out. It's just a forum for expressing different opinions, and I'm sure any criticisms of the performance on here will be as nothing compared to what Vinni has to say to them about it over the next few days. He said before the game that he was still fuming about the first half performance at Sunderland, and wanted revenge for that, god knows what he's feeling like now but I'm sure the players will be under no illusions that happy with that performance, he is not.

I blame these annoying international breaks. They break up the rhythm, disturb the training schedule and result in less preparation time. Jordan Beckenbeyer said as much in his post match interview.

Having said that, it is clear from some results that teams that really press us make life difficult for us. We struggle to play our game then, being pinned back at times with the ball passed between the centre backs and the goalkeeper as there is no apparent out ball. We do need to improve in the area of moving the opposition around to unlock their defence when we are in a game like last night.

We managed a couple of time last night, only to be let down by poor finishing. If Barnes had scored, Sunderland would have had to come out to get a draw. That would have left gaps that we could have exploited.

Lat night our 3 creative guys all had nights to forget; Tella, Benson, Zachory all very very poor for me and that aided a well drilled Sunderland side no end up. On top of that we were S-L-O-W/boring. backwards, sideways anyway but quick forward movement made it easier for Sunderland. This is a blip folks I feel. PS also Zachory had not been hydrating all day due to Ramadan for crying out loud. I would have played Iceman instead personally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You are forgiven Alfie, I experienced the exact post-match meltdown after we got trounced at the Etihad a fortnight ago.
    After City trounced Liverpool 4-1 without Foden and lalaland it makes our score a bit less shameful.

cheer up everybody. See the HUDDERSFIELD RESULT.,done on 25% possession

They had 23% possession against us, good job they didn't bang 4 in then.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think we can agree army it wasn't up to our usual standard, but me and one or two others seem to be getting criticised because we're pointing this out. It's just a forum for expressing different opinions, and I'm sure any criticisms of the performance on here will be as nothing compared to what Vinni has to say to them about it over the next few days. He said before the game that he was still fuming about the first half performance at Sunderland, and wanted revenge for that, god knows what he's feeling like now but I'm sure the players will be under no illusions that happy with that performance, he is not.
    It's an opinion based forum FFS. Post #23 sums it all up perfectly IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    They had 23% possession against us, good job they didn't bang 4 in then.

because it takes a lot of work to be as defensively incompetent as Muddlesburrrrwere.....guess we weren't Fixed for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)