+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can’t Just Blame The Ref

Can’t Just Blame The Ref

Come on yes the ref was poor but:

We posed no threat whatsoever!! Was there one shot on target?

Where was the midfield creativity?

Millwall aren’t a great side FFS! Still not solved the ruthless striker we need! Think of the creativity with Pereira and Krov - Reach and Chalobah are not fit to lace their boots!

We are what we are - a mid table championship side! You can’t even blame the injuries as a good side should have depth!

Just being realistic! Do I honestly see us getting three points at Rotherham? No!!

PS - to start Reach over TGH is a shocking decision and I question CC at times as he lost us two points at Cardiff by bringing off a forward to be replaced by Reach!
    Last edited by baggieal; 01-04-2023 at 05:17 PM.

I think that we had two shots on target, one was blocked by a Millwall player and for the other, Furlong got in the way! The ref, though, was very bad indeed and certainly should have given us a penalty. In truth, neither side should be considering themselves for a season in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I think that we had two shots on target, one was blocked by a Millwall player and for the other, Furlong got in the way! The ref, though, was very bad indeed and certainly should have given us a penalty. In truth, neither side should be considering themselves for a season in the Premier League.
    When Carlos came in we had 14 pts from 16 games . We now have 56 from 37..he has got 42 in 21. Still not going to be enough but we can not in any way criticise him too much. Hope he stays as I think he will take us up despite the impending doom n gloom next year. Ever the optimist hey..if Forest sack cooper then football is firmly going down the ****ter.

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    When Carlos came in we had 14 pts from 16 games . We now have 56 from 37..he has got 42 in 21. Still not going to be enough but we can not in any way criticise him too much. Hope he stays as I think he will take us up despite the impending doom n gloom next year. Ever the optimist hey..if Forest sack cooper then football is firmly going down the ****ter.
    HI,, I'm with you , not only has he done a great job on the pitch but also off the pitch.
    Under Bruce I have never know it so toxic in the ground , after going up for 62 years good times and bad , it was horrible watching fans turn against the players. Some deserved it but, but for me it was uncomfortable.
    To be still in with a shout of the playoffs , I think he has done an outstanding job, weather we make it or not.
    Hope he reaps the reward when Lai goes.

It’s difficult to criticise Carlos after the job he has done with a majority of a squad that have been serial failures and bottlers for a few seasons now.
    Even though we have lots of injuries to select Adam Reach over TGH is ridiculous, Reach offers nothing, yesterday it was like playing with 10 men, TGH is our future along with the likes of Palmer, Griffiths, O’ Shea, BTA, Wallace, Yokuslu, Dike.
    I just wish he would speed the play up, we are very slow at times, also this faffing about in our area fills me with horror every time I see it
    With the options available I would like to see Griffiths, Furlong, Ajayi, Bartley, Pieters, Townsend, TGH, Yokuslu,Swift, BTA, Dike
    5-3-2 with the fullbacks pushing on creating for the forwards
    Just a thought as teams seem to have found us out playing 4-2-3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    It’s difficult to criticise Carlos after the job he has done with a majority of a squad that have been serial failures and bottlers for a few seasons now.
    Even though we have lots of injuries to select Adam Reach over TGH is ridiculous, Reach offers nothing, yesterday it was like playing with 10 men, TGH is our future along with the likes of Palmer, Griffiths, O’ Shea, BTA, Wallace, Yokuslu, Dike.
    I just wish he would speed the play up, we are very slow at times, also this faffing about in our area fills me with horror every time I see it
    With the options available I would like to see Griffiths, Furlong, Ajayi, Bartley, Pieters, Townsend, TGH, Yokuslu,Swift, BTA, Dike

Agree with you! Reach and Livermore are league 1 players - bringing on Reach for Dike against Cardiff cost us that goal. Couldn’t believe Reach was starting yesterday FFS,

Chalobah and Albrighton have been huge disappointments!

I would get Bartley - TGH and Palmer back in the starting line up quickly! Sadly - not even convinced we will win at Rotherham as we are so poor and still without a lethal goal scorer!!

You can blame the ref. He was awful. 100% penalty. Millwall have had a great season. Tough match. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    So you would drop Wallace? who was by far our worst player yesterday, the problem with that system is neither of our full backs are good enough, TGH does need to play, our problem particularly at home is teams are now sitting off us waiting for us to give the ball away we need to play with a higher tempo to try and move them about but we don't take risks with our passing a lot of it is sideways or backwards, i hope that during the simmer Corberan is allowed bring in players that will improve our tempo like he did with Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    So you would drop Wallace? who was by far our worst player yesterday, the problem with that system is neither of our full backs are good enough, TGH does need to play, our problem particularly at home is teams are now sitting off us waiting for us to give the ball away we need to play with a higher tempo to try and move them about but we don't take risks with our passing a lot of it is sideways or backwards, i hope that during the simmer Corberan is allowed bring in players that will improve our tempo like he did with Huddersfield.
    Oops, just read it back, meant Wallace for Swift🥴

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You can blame the ref. He was awful. 100% penalty. Millwall have had a great season. Tough match. That’s it.
    Correct.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)