+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone smell Europe??

Mondaze, quote of the week 👍

Evening, lads. Looking at your remaining fixtures, which are a mixed bag, you've got a very decent chance, especially if you continue your recent form. Whilst Spurs rarely finish outside the top six, I think Brighton pose a bigger threat-to both our teams.

Would be fantastic if we both finished ahead of Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea because none of them. particularly the first two, will be as weak/disorganised next season. This is the season to get Europe, particularly in terms of the calibre of players you can attract and, as far as you're concerned, your manager knows exactly how to conduct a European campaign.

Best of luck for the season...after next weekend, obviously.

Haha, I sense you have a slight nervousness about next weekend Zip? Well, we are in dreamland, I don't know you guys are containing yourself, Champions league for sure! What ever happens it will be a great game and I would take a draw now. As for our fixtures, yes we have to do it the hard way and that last game v Brighton could be signifcant. I will be at VP I'm sure the Toon Army will be in good voice after a ridiculous early start for this game. As you said, apart from next week good luck for the remainder of the season and let's hope its a trend that both clubs are up there every season, the Premier league needs real clubs with real fans!

Hear hear - VP will be bouncing come Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Evening, lads. Looking at your remaining fixtures, which are a mixed bag, you've got a very decent chance, especially if you continue your recent form. Whilst Spurs rarely finish outside the top six, I think Brighton pose a bigger threat-to both our teams.

Would be fantastic if we both finished ahead of Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea because none of them. particularly the first two, will be as weak/disorganised next season. This is the season to get Europe, particularly in terms of the calibre of players you can attract and, as far as you're concerned, your manager knows exactly how to conduct a European campaign.

Best of luck for the season...after next weekend, obviously.
    I’d say that your side is at least 12 months further down the line than ours, Zippity. But, we’re riding the wave of optimism, enjoying a tad of positivity. Of course, my supporter pessimism is subconsciously working away, at its spectacular demise.

Despite my reservations about the ‘Elephant in the Bedouin Tent’, I find your rise refreshing. It’s great to see such long long-suffering fans, enjoying the sun.

Hope you manage to keep the inevitable flood of ‘Johnny come lately’ glory-hunters at bay.

Go well.

UTV

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Haha, I sense you have a slight nervousness about next weekend Zip? Well, we are in dreamland, I don't know you guys are containing yourself, Champions league for sure! What ever happens it will be a great game and I would take a draw now. As for our fixtures, yes we have to do it the hard way and that last game v Brighton could be signifcant. I will be at VP I'm sure the Toon Army will be in good voice after a ridiculous early start for this game. As you said, apart from next week good luck for the remainder of the season and let's hope its a trend that both clubs are up there every season, the Premier league needs real clubs with real fans!
    😁 Maybe just a bit. The closer we get to the big prize of top 4, the more there is riding on each game...and it's been a long old while since games at this stage of the season had something riding on them...in a positive sense, at least. With our respective form, none of the 3 possible results would surprise me but I expect it to be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    I’d say that your side is at least 12 months further down the line than ours, Zippity. But, we’re riding the wave of optimism, enjoying a tad of positivity. Of course, my supporter pessimism is subconsciously working away, at its spectacular demise.
    Both managers have found clubs where they 'fit' and I'm glad it's worked out for both of us-I'm sure neither of us would swap one manager for the other. We're a lot further down the road than any of us expected so the pessimism born out of years of being terrible is never too far away. Obviously the money we've been able to spend has helped massively but we're still starting with 5 or 6 players who were varying degrees of shite under Bruce.

"Despite my reservations about the ‘Elephant in the Bedouin Tent’, I find your rise refreshing. It’s great to see such long long-suffering fans, enjoying the sun".

And those reservations are absolutely fair enough. A lot of us share them and I like the way you put it, too-I don't blame anyone for looking at Saudi ownership and feeling uneasy. But, given the amount of Saudi investment in key parts of our daily lives that people don't take issue with, 'reservations' as opposed to 'outright objection' is where I'm at.

It's been nauseating seeing the way some (lots of, tbh) fans of other clubs have suddenly become human rights experts and ambassadors since, let me see, since....oh, aye, since our takeover. We've had Spurs fans releasing balloons in memory of executed criminals they knew zero about and banners from clubs like Palace and Boro (ffs) proclaiming how evil we are and, well. a host of other stuff. if it wasn't entirely motivated by greed, jealousy and rivalry I'd take it more seriously and I suspect there wouldn't be many of those fans shouting about blood money who wouldn't jump at the chance to be owned by them. What I would add is that if the ire of other fans is the price we have to pay for success, I'd take that all day, every day.

As for glory hunters, I suppose a certain amount are inevitable, unfortunately but, aye, I hope they're kept at a minimum.

Cheers, man.

Omg we smashed them. The brilliant form continues.

Yep. Battered.

Well done, you were better all over the pitch and Emery outsmarted Howe today.

We just didn't turn up at all-I didn't recognise that team today. But, that's not to take away from your performance-you were excellent.

It was like watching us, the way you pressed, moved and passed quickly. Ya buggers!

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Our best performance this season, Zippity, and probably your worst.

Spuds fkd up today, if you beat them, then it’s Champions League music on Tyneside next season.

This winning football matches malarky, ain’t too shabby. A strange phenomenon, indeed.

Enjoy the run-in, fella.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)