+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argument /Thoughts...

Argument /Thoughts...

Regarding the Peterhead match thread... I am getting considerable flack for regularly leaving games at Palmerston early because of what I consider to be poor play/entertainment,Today being another example. I have never missed a game this season and I fully intend to be at Palmerston for the final two games. I pay the full £18 when I am entitled to pay concession price, such is my love for the club. Question here is, I know people that have purchased season tickets, some that have no intention of ever attending a match and others that may attend one or two matches per season. Who is the "Real" Supporter?? Curious?

OK, I'll bite. I've never left a game early. (Actually, I kind of did once, the 2nd Ross County abandoned game, when the floodlights went out I got up and left, but they announced the abandonment before I was out of the ground).

I just don't think it should be all about watching Queens win. Sure, I enjoy it more when they do but I can still appreciate the other team too, even if Queens are crap!

I've said it before, there are options not far away if all you want is to see your team win 90% if the time, if you're going to follow Queens, you have to accept they'll loose as often as they'll win.

You’re not really helping the team by walking away early just when the team needs your support most…..

A supporter by definition is a person who backs their chosen football team through thick and thin. Walking out when the team is level comes nowhere near to this.

Its entirely up to the individual whether they stay or go. All I'll say is that given the number of subs in the modern game, a lot can happen in the final 10 minutes, - never mind the final 30 minutes. Unless you are 3-0 down with 10 to 15 minutes to go, - then it would not be sensible to leave when a game is on a knife edge.

With all due respect to Bagapapa, there wasn't a lot of difference between Queens and Peterhead yesterday, - and I suspect that most of us fell into the trap of expecting a stroll in the park. In the end, - we did just enough......................but anything could have happened in the last 30 minutes, - Peterhead could have won the match or Queens could have gone on to win comfortably, - no-one in the ground could call the result, - so to leave prematurely, - due to a fairly dull match was lets just say surprising.

The last time I left a game early was in Sept 1975 ( thanks for the details Bruce ) and I swore never to leave a game early again. Unfortunately that streak was broken on Saturday when I had to leave before the players had even broken sweat due to a crisis at home (now resolved.) I always kept myself going in the hope of a worldlie goal being scored when four nil down or a young lad being thrown on who became a legend and I could say I was there for his first ever game in a Queens top.
    As for the original poster, he pays his money so he makes his own choices ...... is he worse than the guy who stays on and who boo's players and shouts abuse because he was expecting an easy four nil win ?
    Last edited by Stravaigar; 03-04-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post
    The last time I left a game early was in Sept 1975 ( thanks for the details Bruce ) and I swore never to leave a game early again. Unfortunately that streak was broken on Saturday when I had to leave before the players had even broken sweat due to a crisis at home (now resolved.) I always kept myself going in the hope of a worldlie goal being scored when four nil down or a young lad being thrown on who became a legend and I could say I was there for his first ever game in a Queens top.
    As for the original poster, he pays his money so he makes his own choices ...... is he worse than the guy who stays on and who boo's players and shouts abuse because he was expecting an easy four nil win ?
    Nowt to do with this thread but what did you think of Alex the hat Wilson's replacement on the tannoy - personally did not like the lad reading the different league scores out but playing bits of music in between. Also defo needs to be louder but maybe Alex took his equipment with him when he retired !

Lee Medd is quite a professional.

The sound was very poor though, - and needs drastically improved.

The tannoy announcer does need to be louder. I didn't like him announcing the score of our game. Lastly there is not a team called Albion in Scotland. Either Albion Rovers or Stirling Albion. Not meant as criticism.

The new announcer was perfectly fine but the tannoy system needs turning up or replaced. He is different from Alex but he was a one off and people don't like change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)